Hamilton loves to sleep with his trophyDecember 14th, 2008 - 2:47 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec.14 (ANI): Formula One champion Lewis Hamilton loves to sleep with his F1 world championship trophy to prove that he is the number one racer in the globe.
The youngest champ in history took the 2ft silver and gold cup to bed with him at David Coulthards hotel in Monaco yesterday after ”one of the most emotional nights” of his life.
The McLaren superstar was presented with the trophy at a gala dinner in the presence of royalty and 600 VIP guests.
Hamilton, 23, had to wait 40 long days after claiming the title in dramatic fashion in the final Grand Prix in Brazil before getting his hands on the trophy.
And he bids for another one this evening at the BBC Sports Personality of the Year gala in Liverpool. (ANI)
- Hamilton eyeing Italian Grand Prix to boost F1 title hopes - Sep 03, 2010
- Nicole back in McLaren paddock - Mar 17, 2012
- McLaren boss warns Hamilton not to wreck F-1 career - Jul 25, 2010
- New venues invariably slotted at end - Oct 25, 2011
- Lewis Hamilton to zoom in Bangalore Sept 27 - Sep 18, 2011
- F1 circuit mooted in Moscow - Jul 14, 2012
- Monaco GP: Webber on pole, Hulkenberg miss top-10 - May 26, 2012
- Hamilton-Massa embrace each other as F1 season ends - Nov 28, 2011
- Hamilton asks McLaren to prove it can win F-1 - Apr 15, 2011
- Hamilton reassures his commitment to McLaren team - Mar 25, 2011
- Hamilton backs Hill's move to slap Schumacher with a race wrecking penalty - May 29, 2010
- Hamilton impressed by 2011 McLaren Formula One car - Dec 02, 2010
- McLaren boss says don't write team off - Mar 11, 2011
- Alonso re-ignites his rivalry with Lewis Hamilton - Jun 27, 2010
- Hamilton fastest in Chinese GP first practice - Apr 13, 2012
Tags: bbc, bbc sports personality, champ, champion, championship trophy, dramatic fashion, f1 world championship, formula one, gala dinner, globe, gold cup, grand prix, hotel in monaco, lewis hamilton, liverpool, royalty, silver and gold, sleep, superstar, vip guests