Hamilton eyeing Italian Grand Prix to boost F1 title hopesSeptember 3rd, 2010 - 6:56 pm ICT by ANI
London, Sep 3 (ANI): British Formula One ace Lewis Hamilton is eyeing next weekend’s Italian Grand Prix, saying that victory at Monza would give his title hopes a major boost.
Hamilton, 25, is chasing a Formula One ‘Grand Slam’.
The Brit won at Belgium’s fabled Spa-Francorchamps track last Sunday to add to his wins at Monaco and Silverstone in 2008, The Sun reports.
With the third win of the season and 14th of his F1 career, Hamilton is now three points clear of Red Bull’s Mark Webber in the drivers’ championship.
“I always looked at those four circuits as being a little more special. David Coulthard said he was proud to win those four for McLaren as they connected him to the history of the sport,” the paper quoted Hamilton, as saying.
“I know exactly what he means. Those venues are unique. You can feel the history. So I’m going to Monza looking to keep pushing forward in the championship,” he added. (ANI)
- Force India's Hulkenberg finishes fourth in Belgium - Sep 02, 2012
- Button races to 1st pole for McLaren in Belgium - Sep 01, 2012
- Hamilton glides to Monza victory - Sep 09, 2012
- Schumacher admits he is too old for Formula One - Aug 29, 2010
- Button says won't play second fiddle to Hamilton - Aug 31, 2010
- Webber beats the rain to claim pole for Belgian GP - Aug 28, 2010
- Di Resta, Sutil to start 11th and 12th in Italian Grand Prix - Sep 10, 2011
- Button wins in chaotic Belgian GP - Sep 02, 2012
- Hamilton planning 'Italian Job' to keep F1 championship lead - Sep 11, 2010
- Webber natches British Grand Prix win from Alonso - Jul 08, 2012
- Hamilton eyes victories in Abu Dhabi, Brazil - Nov 06, 2011
- Webber wins Hungarian GP - Aug 01, 2010
- Hamilton eyeing Japan Grand Prix glory to boost F1 title hopes - Oct 07, 2010
- Scherzinger's moment of horror - Sep 04, 2012
- Hamilton's title write-off just before start of F1 season - Mar 10, 2011
Tags: ace, belgium, brit, circuits, david coulthard, drivers championship, f1 career, formula one, grand slam, italian grand prix, last sunday, lewis hamilton, mark webber, mclaren, monaco, red bull, silverstone, spa francorchamps, sun reports, victory