Hamilton calls Chinese Grand Prix win a ‘miracle’April 22nd, 2011 - 2:30 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Apr 22 (ANI): Thanking the McLaren team for “performing a miracle” in giving him a race-winning car at the Chinese Grand Prix, Lewis Hamilton has said that they need to keep developing rapidly if they are to stay in the Formula One title race.
“Red Bull and the others are not going to be sitting around waiting to see what happens. It is going to be a massive fight from now on even if we did an incredible job to turn our fortunes around so much,” he said.
“There is no doubt that we needed that win in China. Looking back at the last few weeks, we have done something incredible at this team,” Fox Sports quoted Hamilton, as saying.
“To have turned the car around and made it a winner - we’ve never done something that big in such a short space of time. I take my hat off to everybody back at the McLaren Technical Centre,” he said.
“Once again, they’ve performed miracles, but we can’t sit still. We’ve still got more work
Hamilton’s win ended world champion Sebastian Vettel’s season-opening two dominant victories for Red Bull. (ANI)
- Hamilton's title write-off just before start of F1 season - Mar 10, 2011
- Red Bull can't underestimate its F1 rivals: Horner - Apr 03, 2011
- Button, Hamilton excited at racing in Indian GP - Oct 21, 2011
- Lewis tells McLaren he needs more speed to beat Red Bull's Vettel - Apr 19, 2011
- Recharged Hamilton vows to end Red Bulls' winning run - Mar 28, 2011
- Red Bull's Vettel takes pole for F1 season-opening Australian Grand Prix - Mar 26, 2011
- Hamilton eyes victories in Abu Dhabi, Brazil - Nov 06, 2011
- McLaren must bounce back in Germany: Prost - Jul 16, 2012
- 'I am better, but Vettel is winning due to his much quicker car,' says Hamilton - Apr 16, 2011
- Canadian GP: Hamilton 7th different winner in 2012 - Jun 11, 2012
- German GP: Alonso cruises to season's third win - Jul 22, 2012
- McLaren boss says don't write team off - Mar 11, 2011
- Red Bull's Vettel wins Malaysian Grand Prix - Apr 10, 2011
- Hamilton wins Chinese Grand Prix to end Vettel's winning streak - Apr 17, 2011
- McLaren-Mercedes eyeing win at Indian GP - Oct 28, 2011
Tags: china, formula one, fortunes, fox sports, grand prix, job, lewis hamilton, mclaren team, melbourne, miracle, miracles, no doubt, red bull, sebastian vettel, short space, team fox, world champion