Hall Of Famer Mike Munchak Hired As Tennessee Titans’ Head CoachFebruary 8th, 2011 - 8:41 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Feb 8, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Mike Munchak has assumed responsibilities as the new head coach of the Tennessee Titans after the team announced on Monday that the Hall of Famer would be succeeding Jeff Fischer. The former Houston Oilers is the 16th head coach who be leading the Tennessee Titans while this is the very first time that Mike Munchak would be carrying out the head coaching responsibilities for any team. Despite the fact that Mike Munchak has never held the position of head coach, he was selected by the Tennessee Titans to replace Jeff Fischer, in turn beating out Mike Heimerdinger, Perry Fewell as well as Mike Mularkey who were also being considered for the position.
The news that Mike Munchak has been hired by the Tennessee Titans as its head coach was confirmed by its owner Bud Adams who released a statement on Monday. In the statement, the Tennessee Titans owner said that the Hall of Famer has been successful at everything that he has done during his association with the organization and added that there was no reason to believe that he would not be equally successful as a head coach. The 51-year-old new head coach of the team has been working as the Tennessee Titans’ offensive-line coach for the past 14 seasons.
While talking to journalists as the Tennessee Titans’ coach for the very first time at a news conference that was held on Monday, Mike Munchak seemed quite upbeat about his new role and said, “I think it’s a great opportunity here with what we have” while expressing hope that he would be able to lead the team in the proper direction.
- Jeff Fisher Ends His Ties With Tennessee Titans - Jan 28, 2011
- Tennessee Titans Parting Ways With Quarterback Vince Young - Jan 06, 2011
- NFL Week 12 Updates: Vince Young Not To Play For The Remaining Season - Nov 24, 2010
- Vince Young's Future In Tennessee Titans Seems Blurred - Nov 23, 2010
- Marvin Lewis Unlikely To Continue With Cincinnati Bengals - Jan 04, 2011
- Lovie Smith To Take Up Tennessee Coach Job? - Jan 15, 2010
- Derek Anderson' Future Depends On Monday Night's Matt Leinart Vs Vince Young Game? - Aug 23, 2010
- Stafon Johnson's Ankle Surgery Successful, Says Tennessee Titans' Coach - Aug 16, 2010
- Jacob Tamme Was Unable To Live Upto The Expectation Against Titans - Dec 10, 2010
- Denver Broncos Fires Josh McDaniels As Head Coach - Dec 07, 2010
- Cleveland Cavaliers Owner Confirms Mike Brown Has Not Been Fired - May 15, 2010
- Oakland Raiders Name Hue Jackson As Their New Coach - Jan 18, 2011
- Derek Dooley Declared As University of Tennessee's Head Coach In Press Conference - Jan 16, 2010
- Randy Moss Claimed by Tennessee Titans - Nov 12, 2010
- Vince Young, The Titans' Quarterback, Is Out Of The NFL Due To An Injury - Nov 23, 2010
Tags: bud adams, gina gomez, hall of famer, head coach, houston oilers, jeff fischer, journalists, mike heimerdinger, mike mularkey, mike munchak, news conference, offensive line coach, proper direction, tennessee titans