Had to leave Liverpool after everything started to look ‘black’: TorresFebruary 9th, 2011 - 6:14 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 9(ANI): Chelsea striker Fernando Torres has revealed that he lost enthusiasm at Liverpool after the Reds finished seventh in the previous Premier League season.
Torres, who made a British record transfer of 50 million pounds to Stamford Bridge on the deadline day, said that things at Anfield had started to look black.
“Liverpool will always be very special to me. Because of its history, Liverpool is a bigger club, but it’s going through a difficult time. I had three special years at Liverpool, but in the last six months I lost that happiness, that dream, the desire, the will to have targets and goals,” the Sun quoted Torres, as saying.
“When everything was black and the season was going from bad to worse; when nothing went according to my expectations neither on a personal nor on a collective level; when you see that there are six months left that will be very long and very hard.”
“And when you see a door open like that of Chelsea with a firm interest and strong there was only one possible and realistic option and that was to join them,” he added. (ANI)
- Liverpool was not giving me what they promised: Torres - Feb 06, 2011
- Torres can join Chelsea for 50 million pounds - Jan 30, 2011
- Chelsea eye Torres swap deal - Feb 17, 2012
- Dark cloud over Liverpool lifted with departure of Torres - Mar 24, 2011
- Chelsea's midfielders are old and slow: Torres - Sep 10, 2011
- Torres is worth 70, not 50 million pounds: Benitez - Feb 05, 2011
- Torres urges Liverpool to let him join Chelsea - Jan 29, 2011
- Torres ready to end goal drought against Manchester City - Mar 20, 2011
- Wenger believes Chelsea paid 15 per cent more for Torres - Feb 23, 2011
- Chelsea pays record-breaking fee for Liverpool's Torres - Feb 01, 2011
- Abramovich personally funding to kick-start Chelsea's signing spree - Jan 30, 2011
- Torres relieved after ending three-month goal drought - Apr 24, 2011
- Torres dedicates his historic strike to Chelsea fans - Apr 25, 2011
- Liverpool, Chelsea under FA scanner for object thrown at Torres - Feb 08, 2011
- Torres blasts 'traitor' tag by saying 'romance with club is dead' in football - Feb 05, 2011