Gwalior gearing up for Nov 15 Indo-Pak ODINovember 14th, 2007 - 2:44 am ICT by admin
In order to conduct the match in the best possible manner, along with providing a scoring wicket, preparations are on at a war footing in the Stadium.
“Ground and wicket both are good. You can see even grass cover throughout the wicket. We are trying to provide a good wicket and outfield, since our aim is to provide an exciting and high scoring match,” said Samandar Singh Chauhan, Curator and In charge of Madhya Pradesh State Umpire Panel.
Apart from renovating the main pitch, two practicing pitches are also being readied to provide the best possible facility to the two teams.
The stadium has a capacity to hold a thirty-five thousand capacity crowd, including the officer’s stand.
New floodlights were installed at the Roop Singh Stadium during the 1996 World Cup. The ground hosted its first one-day international on January 33 1988, when India faced the West Indies.
“Flood lights were placed here during the 1996 World Cup on the directives of Madhav Rao Scindia,” said Ajay Sahasra Budhe, Curator and member of the Gwalior division Cricket Association.
Apart from carrying out international matches, Captain Roop Singh Stadium has been hosting the Ranji Trophy and first class matches every year. (ANI)
- Wankhede pitch will be a slow turner, says curator - Mar 31, 2011
- Tendulkar hits a record double ton in India's 401/3 - Feb 24, 2010
- Kotla pitch is ready for World Cup: Atkinson - Feb 19, 2011
- Rain can play spoilsport in India-Pakistan semifinal - Mar 29, 2011
- India have batting to overpower Bangladesh (Evening Lead, World Cup match preview) - Feb 18, 2011
- PCA gears up to host World Cup matches - Feb 16, 2011
- India seem superior, Bangladesh hoping for 2007 replay - Feb 18, 2011
- Sehwag elated at going past Tendulkar (Lead) - Dec 09, 2011
- Sehwag's record double ton gives India huge win over West Indies (Roundup) - Dec 09, 2011
- India aiming for a clean sweep of West Indies - Nov 21, 2011
- Rain likely to mar South Africa-Netherlands match (Preview) - Mar 02, 2011
- India look for revenge as they take on confident England (Preview) - Oct 13, 2011
- Over 2,000 Punjab students to see Mohali match - Oct 31, 2009
- No demons in Kotla track - Feb 24, 2011
- Sehwag's record ODI score powers India to its highest total - Dec 08, 2011
Tags: aim, ajay, capacity crowd, cricket association, curator, day international, flood lights, floodlights, fourth one, gwalior, India, madhya pradesh state, match, ranji trophy, roop, war footing, wicket, world cup