Gurbaaz makes a big move up in Vietnam Masters golfDecember 6th, 2008 - 6:35 pm ICT by IANS
Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam), Dec 6 (IANS) Golfer Gurbaaz Mann opened with a string of four birdies on the first four holes and then finished the day with a four-under 68 to make the biggest move among Indians on the third day of the $500,000 Hana Bank Vietnam Masters here Saturday.The long-hitting Gurbaaz, who moved to 19th from overnight 49th, had a wildly swinging round.
After birdies on first four holes, he had two more against just one bogey for 31 on the front nine. He lapsed between 11th and 14th to drop three bogeys in four holes, but he recovered quickly to birdie the 16th and 18th to finish at 68.
Veteran Thongchai Jaidee shot a two-under 70 to move into joint lead with overnight leader, Pyo-Suk-min of Korea (73) and Kodai Ichihara of Japan who shot 72. They were all at 10-under 206. Three other Young Nam (70), Rhys Davies (70) and Artemio Murakami (71) were one shot behind at nine-under 207.
Among other Indians, Digvijay Singh dropped down the leaderboard with a 73 that saw him slip to 32nd, down from overnight 18th, while Amandeep Johl (73) also slipped from 29th to 36th. Rahil Gangjee marginally move up from 49th to 43rd and S.S.P. Chowrasia (71) moved up from 61st to 43rd.
Rookie Anirban Lahiri dropped from 49th to 57th, while Himmat Rai, after a birdie on first hole, slumped badly to finish with a seven-over 79 and dropped from 18th to 63rd.
The lone Indian to miss the cut was Gaganjeet Bhullar.
Thailand’s Thaworn Wiratchant carded a 71 and was in the mix in seventh place alongside Pijit Petchkasem of Thailand, who improved with a 69.
- Westwood triumphs at Thailand golf, Jeev finishes tied seventh - Dec 18, 2011
- Gangjee takes one-shot lead in Kensville Challenge - Jan 28, 2012
- Ajeetesh, Jaini finish third and fourth at Sail Open golf - Mar 25, 2011
- Faldo golf: Cheema seventh overall, second in U-21 - Mar 15, 2012
- Westwood holds on to lead in Thailand golf, Randhawa sixth - Dec 17, 2011
- Lascuna Seizes Round 3 Lead in Orchard Golf Championship - Aug 17, 2012
- Sharmila maintains lead at Hero women's professional golf - Aug 24, 2011
- Rohana snatches dramatic win in PGTI golf - Aug 10, 2012
- Smriti fires 66 to win golf title - Aug 30, 2012
- Chikka takes two-shot lead in North India golf - Mar 15, 2012
- Kruger wins Avantha Masters golf - Feb 19, 2012
- Hedwall wins Women's Indian Open golf, Sharmila top Indian - Dec 11, 2011
- Abhishek shares lead with Piyush in Usha Karnataka juniors - May 23, 2012
- Gauri keeps Indian hopes alive in Queen Sirikit golf - Mar 10, 2011
- Chowrasia slips in third round, unknown Thai takes lead - Dec 18, 2010