Gul banking upon his form to fire in World Twenty20May 31st, 2009 - 3:27 pm ICT by ANI
Karachi, May 31 (ANI): Pakistan speedster Umar Gul is banking upon his stupendous form in the Twenty20 version of the game to help his side win the World Twenty20 Championship this time around.
Gul, who single handedly took the game away from Australia in the Twenty20 match played in Dubai earlier this month, said he would continue his aggressive style of bowling during the cricket extravaganza, starting in England from June 5.
Gul, 25, returned with his career best figures of 4 for 8 in the Dubai T20 against Australia.
“Bowling in Twenty20 is a great challenge, but I am always up for it and I believe in attacking the batsmen from the first delivery to the last,” The News quoted Gul, as saying.
Gul is hoping that Pakistan would clinch the coveted title this year, as it failed to do so two years ago and was defeated by India on the final match.
Pakistan would be going to the Championship with a rather inexperienced bowling line up with both Shoaib Akhtar and Mohammad Asif not in the team.
Sohail Tanvir, Rao Iftikhar, Yasir Arafat and newcomer Mohammad Aamir along with Gul forms the new pace attack of Pakistan. (ANI)
- Pakistan recall Kamran Akmal, Razzaq for World T20 - Jul 12, 2012
- No Shoaib Akhtar in list of 30 probables for ICC T20 World Cup - Feb 27, 2010
- Pakistan pick new faces for Zimbabwe tour - Jul 28, 2011
- ICC confirms squads for World Twenty20 - Aug 25, 2012
- Kamran, Naved in 30-man preliminary Pak World Cup squad - Jan 05, 2011
- Pakistan recall Shoaib Akhtar for Australia series - Apr 06, 2009
- Misbah dropped from New Zealand series - Oct 22, 2009
- Pakistan snubs ICL players for T20 World Cup - May 04, 2009
- End of road looms for Misbah after axe from all three squads - Oct 23, 2009
- Pak pacer Tanvir hopeful of making a comeback to national squad - Sep 19, 2010
- Pak favorites to win Twenty20 World Cup: Akram - May 22, 2009
- Intikhab confident of Pakistan's good show in World Twenty20 - May 30, 2009
- 'Recuperating' Tanvir dropped from Pak squad for South Africa Test series - Nov 05, 2010
- Pakistan ignore Younis for Test series against Australia - Dec 08, 2009
- Umar Gul ruled out of Pak T20 squad - Apr 18, 2010
Tags: aggressive style, australia, bowling, cricket, dubai, final match, game, India, karachi, mohammad, newcomer, pace attack, pakistan, rao iftikhar, shoaib akhtar, speedster, t20, umar gul, world twenty20, yasir arafat