Group of Islamic protestors protest at Olympic ParkAugust 13th, 2012 - 6:05 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, Aug 13 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A group of Islamic protestors have arrived near the Olympic park ahead of the Sunday closing ceremony. The protestors who are staged at the arrival point for spectators entering the Olympic stadium said that they were protesting what they termed as the abuse of human rights by the US, UK and China who are leading the Olympic medal stable.
The Scotland Yard acknowledged that they were aware of the expected demonstration and that roughly 20 people are involved. Islamist hardliner Anjem Choudary acknowledged that they were going to hold a protest against the aforementioned 3 countries. The Islamic hardliner and his followers are known to organize attention seeking protests at major events. The organizers of the London Olympic Games had been worried that the event would be a magnet for protestors but so far the event has registered few protests.
The group of Islamic protestors camped near the entry and arrival point of spectators was set to cause a scene prior to the closing ceremony. However, the Scotland Yard is aware of their activities and is looking for ways in which they can prevent the protest from happening. Olympic Games are usually a magnet for protestors and this is something that the organizers had anticipated. However, the event has attracted few protests and the organizers can breathe a sigh of relief.
- Brit Muslim cleric warns royal wedding 'prime target' of al-Qaeda, aspiring 'jihadis' - Apr 26, 2011
- Islamic Sharia law zones set up across Britain - Jul 28, 2011
- 'London Taliban' sharia law to target women and homosexuals - Apr 18, 2011
- India concerned about Islamic extremism in Maldives - Feb 11, 2012
- Radical Islamist preacher warns of fresh terror attacks across Europe - Jan 02, 2011
- Radical preacher Anjem Choudary used rented railway viaduct arch as headquarter - Dec 26, 2010
- Cheryl Cole in danger after Afghanistan visit? - Sep 18, 2011
- UK Islamic hate preacher Choudary to be given Channel 4 slot - Nov 28, 2010
- Radical UK Muslims' secret conference scrapped following cops' intervention - Nov 29, 2010
- Hate preacher vows to establish Sharia law across Europe - Jan 24, 2010
- IOA didn't discuss boycott of Olympic ceremonies: Malhotra - Mar 02, 2012
- Archery spectators turned away from Lord's - Jul 28, 2012
- Hate preacher Anjem Choudary to pen 'sick' letters to families of dead British soldiers - Jan 03, 2010
- France puts burqua ban into effect - Apr 11, 2011
- 7/7-attack anniversary: Muslim hate cleric warns UK of more terror attacks - Jul 06, 2010
Tags: arrival point, china, closing ceremony, demonstration, followers, human rights, london, magnet, olympic games, olympic medal, olympic park, olympic stadium, organizers, protest, protestors, protests, scotland yard, sigh of relief, spectators, stable