Green Bay Packers Turn Out To Be Oddsmakers’ Favorite To Win Super Bowl 2011January 24th, 2011 - 9:06 pm ICT by GD
By Madhuri Dey
Jan 24, (THAINDIAN NEWS) When the Pittsburgh Steelers face-off against the Green Bay Packers in the Super Bowl 2011 championship slated to take place early next month, the expectations of the fans from both the teams can be best described as skyrocketing. Although followers of both the teams are surely going to keep their fingers crossed, desperately hoping that their favorite team wins the much-coveted title, for the Las Vegas based oddsmakers, Green Bay Packers are the frontrunners to win the prestigious championship.
As per the Las Vegas oddsmakers, the Green Bay Packers are favored over their Super Bowl opponents by 2 1/2 points to emerge victorious in the championship. The difference in the points between the two teams vying for the title, is the narrowest spread for the Super Bowl championship in the last 27 years. The last championship game which had a point spread for less than three points was the 1983 Super Bowl season in which the Washington Redskins clashed against the Oakland Raiders and the former were 2 1/2-point favorites over their opponents although they ended up losing the championship by 38-9. Andrew Patterson, a Las Vegas based oddsmakers explained that the Green Bay Packers have been considered to be a hot team for the past few weeks and the fact that Packers are being favored over the Steelers is just a continuation of it.
The point spread is often considered to be the predictor of the Super Bowl champions as it has a success rate of 73 per cent given the fact that the favorite teams of the Las Vegas oddsmakers have emerged triumphant in 32 of the 44 Super Bowls.
- Green Bay Packers Beat Pittsburgh Steelers To Win Super Bowl XLV - Feb 07, 2011
- Pittsburgh Steelers, Green Bay Packers To Face-Off In Super Bowl 2011 - Jan 24, 2011
- Arlington Gearing Up To Host Super Bowl 2011 - Jan 24, 2011
- Green Bay Packers win Super Bowl 31-25 over Pittsburgh Steelers - Feb 07, 2011
- Injuries Fail To Rout Green Bay Packers' Super Bowl Victory - Feb 07, 2011
- NFL Scores Of Week 5 Is Led By Jacksonville Jaguars - Oct 11, 2010
- Green Bay Packers Reach Super Bowl Finals By Defeating Atlanta Falcons By 48-21 - Jan 16, 2011
- Pittsburgh Steelers Reach Super Bowl Final By Crushing New York Jets - Jan 24, 2011
- "Green And Yellow" Lyrics Upsets The Saint Fans - Feb 05, 2011
- Odds are Out for Super Bowl 2012 - Feb 08, 2011
- Green Bay Packers And Chicago Bears To Go For Clash Of Titans - Jan 23, 2011
- Jennifer Lopez, Marc Anthony Invited At White House's Super Bowl Party - Feb 04, 2011
- Superbowl 2011 To Kick Off Today - Feb 06, 2011
- Green Bay Packers Beat Chicago Bears, Advance To Super Bowl 2011 - Jan 24, 2011
- Green Bay Packers Bring Vince Lombardi Trophy Home For The Fourth Time - Feb 07, 2011
Tags: andrew patterson, championship game, dey, face off, favorite team, favorite to win super bowl, frontrunners, green bay packers, hot team, jan 24, las vegas oddsmakers, oakland raiders, pittsburgh steelers, point favorites, prestigious championship, success rate, super bowl 2011, super bowl opponents, super bowls, washington redskins