Greatbatch offers to quit as Black Caps’ coach if it helps change team’s fortunesDecember 14th, 2010 - 2:18 pm ICT by ANI
Auckland, Dec 14((ANI): New Zealand coach Mark Greatbatch has accepted that 11 one-day losses on the trot is shocking, but says that he is not a quitter and will step down only if asked to.
“I’ve been asked to do this job through to the World Cup and I’m committed to that. If it’s in the best interests of New Zealand cricket to make a change I’d accept that,” Stuff.co.nz quoted Greatbatch, as saying.
“At the end of the day it is about us winning games and becoming better. We are struggling to find that consistency and if it’s me, it’s me,” he added.
The New Zealand team, which was thrashed 0-5 in a one-day series against India, has equalled their second worst one-day run of 11 straight defeats.
They were earlier beaten 0-4 in a five-match ODI series by Bangladesh in October.
The Black Caps’ last win came in the first match of a Sri Lanka tri-series, against India, on August 10. (ANI)
- 'Mismanagement of the mental game' behind Black Caps' ODI slide: Greatbatch - Dec 15, 2010
- Waqar says South Africa series success a 'morale booster' for New Zealand tour - Dec 20, 2010
- 2011 World Cup is not beyond 'struggling' Kiwis: Vaughan - Dec 06, 2010
- Kiwis' top-order must click to ease pressure on 'free-scoring' Taylor: Lance Cairns - Dec 10, 2010
- Vettori set to be Black Caps' captain beyond 2011 World Cup - Dec 26, 2010
- Kiwis must halt embarrassing slide in one-day cricket: Richardson - Dec 13, 2010
- Vettori blames Kiwi bowlers' profligacy for Jaipur ODI rout against India - Dec 02, 2010
- Kiwi cricketers lacked mental strength: Coach Greatbatch - Dec 14, 2010
- Best innings of my career, says Kohli - Feb 28, 2012
- Styris, Jamie How recalled for ODI series against India - Nov 17, 2010
- India will be itching to get revenge over England: Cook - Sep 30, 2011
- Injured Tuffey to miss rest of India ODI series - Nov 30, 2010
- Under-fire Kiwis now under Duncan Fletcher microscope - Dec 01, 2010
- Taylor must 'get back to his best' for Kiwis to upset India in ODI series - Nov 27, 2010
- Vettori says his role as captain under scanner after 5-0 drubbing by India - Dec 11, 2010