Govt. announces selection committees for national sports awardsJuly 22nd, 2010 - 9:31 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, July 22 (ANI): The Government constituted the Selection Committee for Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna, Arjuna Award, Dhyanchand Award for Lifetime Achievements in Sports and Games and the Rashtriya Khel Protsahan Puruskar for the year 2010 here on Thursday.
To be headed by P.T. Usha (Athletics) as its Chairperson, the committee will comprise of Aparna Popat (Badminton), Maneypandu Somaya (Hockey), Nisha Millet (Swimming), Leander Paes (Tennis), Karnam Malleshwari (Weightlifting), Limba Ram (Archery), Adhiraj Singh (Equestrian), Mohd Habib (Football), Sriram Bhavasar (Kabaddi), Pradip Singh, IAS (Retd), Commissioner, Disabilities, Govt. of N.C.T. of Delhi, S.G. Baruah, Director (Sports), Government of Assam, Sayan Chatterjee, Director General, Sports Authority of India, Injeti Srinivas, Joint Secretary (Sports), Department of Sports, as members and Rahul Bhatnagar, Joint Secretary (ISD), Department of Sports as Special Invitee, Pravir Krishn, Special Officer (CWG), Sports Authority of India as Special Invitee, Deepika Kachhal, Director (Sports), Department of Sports, Member-Secretary.
Every year one Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award is given to an individual sportsperson.
The Award consists of a cash amount of Rs.7.5 lakh, a scroll of honour and one medal.
Arjuna Award consists of a statuette, a scroll of honour, ceremonial dress and a cash award of Rs 5 lakh. Dhyanchand Award consists of a plaque , a scroll of honour , ceremonial dress and a cash award of Rs 5 lakh.
Rastriya Khel Protsahan Puruskar , instituted last year , has four categories, namely , community sports development , promotion of sports academies of excellence , support to elite sportspersons and academies of excellence, support to elite sportspersons and employment to sportspersons.
The Award carries a trophy and citation. The above Committee will select the awardees in accordance with the respective schemes.
The Government has also constituted the Selection Committee for Dronacharya Award for the year 2010, composition of which is as under:
The selection committee to be headed by Ashok Kumar (Hockey) as its Chairman, will comprise of Ms. Vandana Rao (Athletics), Rajendra Prasad (Boxing), Mohammed Zulfiqaruddin (Football), Anjali Bhagwat (Shooting), Manjit Dua (Table Tennis), Gurcharan Singh (Cricket), Ismail Baig (Rowing),
G.E. Sreedharan (Volleyball), Cyrus M. Poncha (Squash), Jhanjha Tripathi, Secretary, Railway Sports Promotion Board, as member, U.K.S. Chauhan, Secretary (Sports), Government of Kerala, Sayan Chatterjee, Director General, Sports Authority of India, Injeti Srinivas, Joint Secretary (Sports), Department of Sports, Rahul Bhatnagar, Joint Secretary (ISD), Department of Sports, as Special Invitee, Pravir Krishn, Special Officer (CWG), Sports Authority of India, as Special Invitee, Deepika Kachhal, Director (Sports), Department of Sports, Member-Secretary.
Generally, not more than five Dronacharya Awards are given in any calendar year. The Award comprises of a plaque, a scroll of honour, ceremonial dress, and cash prize of Rs. 5 lakh which will be presented to the winners.
This Committee will select the awardees for the Dronacharya Award in accordance with the Scheme. (ANI)
- P T Usha to head selection committee for National sports awards - Jul 23, 2010
- Cuban Fernandez, Yashvir to get Dronacharya Award - Aug 24, 2012
- Vijay, Yogeshwar honoured with Khel Ratna; 25 get Arjuna - Aug 29, 2012
- Vijay, Yogeshwar awarded Khel Ratna; Yuvraj gets Arjuna (Lead) - Aug 29, 2012
- Saina Nehwal conferred Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award - Aug 29, 2010
- President confers Narang with Khel Ratna, Arjuna for 19 athletes - Aug 29, 2011
- President presents Khel Ratna, Arjuna awards - Aug 29, 2009
- 19 Arjuna Awards to be conferred this year - Aug 18, 2011
- Marykom, Sushil and Vijender to get Khel Ratna - Jul 29, 2009
- Two get Khel Ratna, 25 Arjuna Award - Aug 19, 2012
- President confers National Sports Awards (Lead) - Aug 29, 2010
- Shuttler Saina Nehwal to receive 2010 Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna - Jul 30, 2010
- Vijender, Mary Kom, and Sushil get Khel Ratna - Jul 29, 2009
- Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna, Arjuna awards announced - Aug 19, 2008
- Stringent, transparent norms for national sports awards - Mar 17, 2010
Tags: baruah, ceremonial dress, community sports, general sports, kabaddi, khel ratna, leander paes, lifetime achievements, member secretary, p t usha, pradip, rajiv gandhi, selection committees, sports academies, sports and games, sports authority, sports awards, sports department, sports development, sriram