Gordon Ramsay sets his sights on Mount EverestMay 26th, 2008 - 5:34 pm ICT by admin
London, May 26 (ANI): Celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay is planning to climb the world’s highest peak - Mount Everest.
The 41-year-old has been offered a place on an expedition to climb the world’s highest summit next year.
Everest has always been my dream. I am very keen to do it. As you get older the chances to stretch yourself physically become fewer, The Sun quoted Ramsay, as saying.
I have always kept in shape, so thats not a problem, he added.
The chef said he is already in training and will first tackle the Iron Man triathlon in Hawaii in November.
His training regime includes two-hour runs wearing a backpack full of spuds, surfing and Raisin Bran.
However, he already has to overcome a significant set-back: an uncler apparently brought on by eating too much junk food while filming the latest series of Kitchen Nightmares in America.
Ive just been told Ive got an ulcer from eating crap. I swear to God, Im so p****d off, he added. (ANI)
- Gordon Ramsay stretchered off the field after a tackle from Teddy Sheringham at Soccer Aid - May 30, 2012
- Ex Kiwi cricketer Adam Parore to climb Mt. Everest for charity - Mar 09, 2011
- President flags-in Indian Army's Everest team - Jul 03, 2012
- Nepalese lepers to climb Mt. Everest - Aug 09, 2010
- Added sugar in raisin bran cereals may promote tooth decay - Dec 19, 2009
- Julia Roberts plans to shift to Hawaii - Jul 19, 2012
- Japanese lady, 73, awarded for scaling Mt. Everest - May 26, 2012
- Young girl from Arunachal to lead international expedition to Mt. Everest - Apr 18, 2011
- Aniston avoids junk food to stay slim - Jun 29, 2011
- Nepal's 9-yr-old to defy age bar for Everest record - Nov 05, 2010
- Indian Army women's team to again attempt Mt. Everest (Lead, superseding prervious story) - Mar 12, 2012
- Prince Harry to support injured servicemen - Feb 13, 2012
- First Bangladeshi woman to climb Everest - May 19, 2012
- Indians rewriting Everest story - May 19, 2012
- California Teen Climbs Mount Everest: Breaks Records - May 24, 2010
Tags: backpack, celebrity chef, chef gordon ramsay, god, hawaii in november, iron man triathlon, junk food, kitchen nightmares, london, mount everest, raisin bran, regime, shape, spuds, summit, sun, ulcer