Gomez opens the scoring against IndiaJanuary 10th, 2012 - 8:08 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 10 (IANS) Bayern Munich and Germany forward Mario Gomez opened the scoring for the visitors against India in Bhaichung Bhutia’s farewell match at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium here Tuesday.
Bayern, in the first 15 minutes, piled on the pressure with the hosts barely able to get the ball out of their own half. Gomez scored in the 14th minute.
Gomez, who started his career with German side VfB Stuttgart in 2003, transferred to Bayern in 2009. In 77 appearances for the club, the striker has netted 54 goals.
Gomez made his debut for the German national side in 2007 and in 50 matches, the lanky forward has scored 21 times.
- Bhutia dazzles in his testimonial against the mighty Bayern (Lead) - Jan 10, 2012
- Bhutia steals the show as Bayern Munich dazzle - Jan 10, 2012
- Bhutia signs off with an Audi Q8 - Jan 10, 2012
- Bayern Munich stay on top of Bundesliga standings - Dec 12, 2011
- Bayern will contribute to development of Indian football: Lahm - Jan 05, 2012
- Excited to be back in India: Thomas Mueller - Dec 19, 2011
- World waiting for Indian football to emerge: Bayern legend Breitner - Dec 09, 2011
- India's friendly against Bayern Munich to be Bhutia's farewell match - Oct 15, 2011
- Indian footballers excited to play against Bayern Munich - Dec 22, 2011
- Four new faces in India squad for Bayern Munich game - Dec 28, 2011
- Bhaichung's farewell a serious workout for Bayern - Jan 09, 2012
- Bhutia geared up for swansong against Bayern Munich - Jan 08, 2012
- Bayern are here for serious business, says coach Jupp Heynckes - Jan 09, 2012
- Chettri certain to miss friendly against Bayern Munich - Dec 20, 2011
- Bayern, Monchengladbach, Fuerth in German Cup semis - Feb 09, 2012