Golden days of hockey will return soon: Pargat SinghMay 20th, 2008 - 9:30 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, May 20 (IANS) Olympian Pargat Singh sees a ray of hope in Indian hockey team’s performance in Azlan Shah Cup and believes the day is not far when the game will get back its memorable days. Pargat, who was the manager of the team which emerged runners-up in the Azlan Shah Cup tournament at Ipoh, Malaysia, said the players have put in a lot of hard work to beat some of the best teams in world to reach the title-clash.
“Indians might have lost the final to Argentina in Azlan Shah but the team has done exceptionally well to reach there. I could see a big improvement with every game,” Pargat said here Tuesday.
“If India keeps on performing like this, I am sure that we will get back the golden days of hockey in two years’ time,” he said.
The young Indian team scripted an amazing turnaround to win four successive matches after two defeats.
“The same team lost to Argentina 1-5 in the league. But in the finals, they took it to the extra time. That itself shows the players are learning from their mistakes,” he said.
- Pakistan's former Olympians protest against hockey federation - Jun 12, 2012
- Qualifying for Olympics a big challenge: Pargat - Jun 01, 2011
- 'Pakistan hockey on right track for London Olympics' - May 18, 2011
- Veteran Zeeshan Ashraf left out of Pakistan hockey squad - May 21, 2011
- Azlan Shah: India bounce back to beat South Korea 2-1 - May 25, 2012
- Hockey India reviews Azlan Shah performance - May 31, 2011
- Azlan Shah Cup: India beat Pakistan to keep faint hope (Lead) - May 31, 2012
- Azlan Shah debacle to be thoroughly reviewed: HI - May 16, 2011
- Pakistan determined to win Azlan Shah Cup, says Imran - May 01, 2011
- Olympic Hockey: Tough opener for India (Preview) - Jul 29, 2012
- Hockey camp to focus on fitness, strength: Nobbs - Mar 12, 2012
- Chettri to lead India in Sultan Azlan Shah Cup - Apr 12, 2012
- Goalkeeper Chetri has the knack to get his place back - Jun 16, 2011
- India need to cover all bases against Pakistan - May 10, 2011
- 1992 Olympics: Indian hockey suffers due to indiscipline (Sports Special) - Jul 20, 2012