Glock to miss Brazilian Grand PrixOctober 11th, 2009 - 5:44 pm ICT by IANS
Hamburg, Oct 11 (DPA) German Formula One driver Timo Glock will miss next week’s Brazilian Grand Prix, his Toyota team announced here Sunday.
Glock crashed during qualifying for last week’s Japanese Grand Prix and was initially thought to have only suffered a minor cut to his leg.
In a statement Toyota said that subsequent medical checks in Germany have revealed a cracked vertebra and that as a result doctors have told him that he could not race.
Toyota said that Japanese reserve driver Kamui Kobayashi will replace Timo at Interlagos.
“Obviously everyone in the team is very disappointed and feels for Timo; we wish him a very speedy recovery. Based on the initial diagnosis, we fully expected Timo to return in Brazil but
unfortunately a different injury has been revealed which prevents that,” the teams’ president John Howett said.
“He will remain in Germany to recover and we hope he can recuperate in time for Abu Dhabi, although at this stage the situation is not clear.
“Kamui was the natural choice to step in and he proved in Suzuka that he is capable of holding his own. It is a difficult task for him but he knows the team will give him its complete support and we know he is motivated to make the most of this unexpected opportunity.”
- Glock's participation in Japanese Grand Prix in doubt - Oct 03, 2009
- Unwell Glock ruled out of Valencia race - Jun 24, 2012
- Kobayashi given driver's seat at Sauber - Dec 17, 2009
- Glock reaches deal with new Manor F1 team - Nov 17, 2009
- Vettel takes pole in Japan, Force India to start from sixth row - Oct 08, 2011
- Vettel wins Bahrain GP, Force India's Di Resta finishes sixth - Apr 23, 2012
- Vettel wins a near perfect race, Sutil finishes ninth (Roundup) - Oct 30, 2011
- Red Bull's Vettel wins Japanese Grand Prix - Oct 10, 2010
- Untouchable Vettel wins Indian GP - Oct 30, 2011
- Vetell becomes World Champion in Japan, Force India miss out on points - Oct 09, 2011
- De Villota crash shook team up, says Pic - Jul 14, 2012
- Schumacher top overtaker in 2011 F1 season - Dec 25, 2011
- Vettel wins from pole in Suzuka, opens title race - Oct 04, 2009
- BMW-Sauber's Kobayashi eager to gorge on butter chicken - Oct 21, 2011
- Toyota to quit Formula One racing: Reports - Nov 04, 2009
Tags: abu dhabi, cracked vertebra, doctors, dpa, formula one, german formula, grand prix, hamburg, howett, initial diagnosis, kobayashi, medical checks, natural choice, oct 11, president john, speedy recovery, suzuka, toyota, toyota team, unexpected opportunity