Glittering ceremony rings curtain down on National GamesFebruary 26th, 2011 - 11:10 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Feb 26 (IANS) Thousands watched the glittering closing ceremony of the 34th National Games at the Birsa Munda Athletic Stadium here. The 35,000-capacity venue was jam packed.Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda said that with the successful holding of the Games, the state has proved that it too can match the Commonwealth Games.
The infrastructure created for the National Games at the Mega Sports Complex at Hotwar, Ranchi is at par with the best in the country. This was duly acknowledged by visiting officials and the participating players, Munda said.
Munda added that all efforts would be made to utilise the infrastructure for promoting sports as well as convert it to a Sports University.
Lauding the effort of the home team, Munda announced that all the gold medal winners from the state would be given a cash prize of Rs.7 lakh. The silver and bronze medal winners will get Rs.5 lakh and Rs.3 lakh, respectively.
Even the different coaches responsible for producing such talent would also be suitably rewarded, ranging from Rs.50,000 to Rs.2 lakh, Munda added.
- Glittering ceremony brings down curtain on National Games (Lead) - Feb 27, 2011
- Jharkhand felicitates its National Games medallists - Dec 10, 2011
- National Games: Jharkhand athletes yet to get cash awards - Apr 20, 2011
- Jharkhand government felicitates CWG archers, ignores hockey player - Oct 20, 2010
- Cash prizes for Jharkhand medal winners in National Games - Feb 27, 2011
- 34th National Games promise to be a grand affair - Feb 11, 2011
- Olympians with Haryana connection earn millions - Aug 12, 2012
- Swimmers win best athlete awards at National Games - Feb 26, 2011
- Haryana assures top sportspersons of jobs - Jun 30, 2011
- Jharkhand to felicitate CWG medalists - Oct 15, 2010
- Haryana's Olympians to get Rs.11 lakh reward - Jun 01, 2012
- President and PM to skip National Games opening - Feb 11, 2011
- Haryana government felicitates Asian Games athletes - Dec 22, 2010
- North-Eastern council announces rewards for Olympic medallists - Jul 27, 2012
- Will give cash award to Papa, says ace archer Deepika - Oct 11, 2010