Gillespie joins Indian Premier league of BCCINovember 14th, 2007 - 2:55 am ICT by admin
I am at this stage of my career where I am looking forward to new challenges,” Gillespie said.
“I think this competition will be a lot of fun,” The Australian quoted Gillespie, as saying.
Gillespie also said that if he plays for Australia again, it would be in the longer version of the game.
“I have played my last one-day game for Australia, that is for sure, but I believe I can offer something at the Test level if that opportunity arises,” he said.
Gillespie, who has played 71 Tests and taken 259 wickets at an average of 26.13, thinks that the selectors would look at younger bowlers for the summer.
“When I was a young fast bowler, the Australian selectors persevered with me and I think they should do the same for whoever is picked,” he said.
“It takes a while to find your feet at Test level and I was grateful for the opportunities and I hope selectors do the same now.”
The IPL has so far signed 25 foreign players, including Gillespie’s former bowling partner Glenn McGrath.
The Twenty20 competition, consisting of teams under the BCCI, will be held in April 2008. The league has the prize money of three million dollars. (ANI)
- Gillespie to be Australia A assistant coach for Zimbabwe tour - Jun 03, 2011
- Bichel doesn't want to be Aussie bowling coach - May 18, 2012
- Gillespie roped in as Kings XI Punjab coach - Apr 09, 2011
- Clarke wants teammates to prioritise country over IPL - Dec 09, 2011
- Fleming backs former teammates for Australia's bowling coach job - Jan 22, 2011
- Series against India will be highly competitive: Warner - Dec 13, 2011
- McGrath warns India against Australian quicks; backs Ponting - Dec 20, 2011
- Ponting calls for separate window for IPL - Apr 03, 2012
- Bollinger hopes IPL stint earns him Australia recall - Apr 10, 2012
- Big Bash must rely Indian, Windies stars, not ageing Oz ones: Julian - Apr 11, 2011
- Warner will thrive under heavy workload - Jan 19, 2012
- Stung by 'Operation IPL', BCCI suspends five players (Roundup) - May 15, 2012
- Clarke admits he is in talks with Pune Warriors - Mar 26, 2012
- ICC rules out window for IPL in FTP - Jun 13, 2012
- Australians sign up with new US Twenty20 league - Apr 27, 2009
Tags: bcci, bowlers, bowling, contracted players, cricket australia, day game, gillespie, glenn mcgrath, i am looking forward, ipl, million dollars, premier league, prize money, selectors, test level, twenty20, wickets