Gill to recommend higher grade government jobs for sportspersonsFebruary 23rd, 2009 - 9:32 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 23 (IANS) In the last governing council meeting of the sports ministry held Monday, minister M.S. Gill said he would recommend higher grade government jobs for sportspersons.
Sportspersons are usually recruited in government agencies in Grade C and D. Gill said he will take up the issue with different government departments to provide sportspersons jobs in Grade A and B.
“Nowadays sportspersons are highly qualified so it would be unjustified to recruit them in government sectors in lower grades. So Mr. Gill had decided to take up this matter with different ministries to give better jobs to sportsperson,” a top sports ministry official told IANS.
The official also said Gill will request Public Sector Units (PSU) to allow sportspersons to devote more hours to practise and not burden them with official work.
“Army, railways and petroleum companies allow athletes to practise as long as they want and don’t burden them with official work. But in other PSUs, sportspersons have to work for 8-9 hours and then go for practice,” he said.
- Maharashtra gives sportspersons 5 percent quota in jobs - Oct 04, 2011
- Govt. admits irregularities in rice exports - Nov 19, 2010
- Indian management students prefer public sector jobs: Study - Jul 16, 2012
- Murli Deora flags off walkathon for 'Petrotech 2010' in New Delhi - Oct 24, 2010
- GAIL, PEC get awards for most efficient state-run firms - Apr 22, 2011
- Women more satisfied working in public sector than BPOs - Mar 07, 2010
- Jharkhand PSUs try to evict squatters - politicians, bureaucrats - Jul 08, 2011
- BJP protests fuel price hike in Delhi, demands rollback (Lead) - Jun 25, 2011
- Give sportspersons quota in education, jobs: Gill - Jul 15, 2010
- Government responsible for Games mess, says Malhotra - Sep 10, 2010
- Games Organising Committee tenure extended (Lead) - Oct 18, 2010
- Stadia work up to mark: Gill - Jul 28, 2010
- Disabled athletes protest discrimination, mismanagement - Aug 10, 2010
- BCCI opposes draft sports bill, appoints physio for Team India - Oct 29, 2011
- Ministry neither giving funds nor equipment, say NSFs - May 03, 2010
Tags: army, different ministries, governing council meeting, government agencies, government departments, government jobs, government sectors, grade c, ministry official, mr gill, New Delhi, petroleum companies, public sector units, railways, sports ministry, top sports