Gilchrist pleased with team’s performance in IPLApril 17th, 2011 - 6:01 pm ICT by ANI
Hyderabad, Apr 17 (ANI): Expressing delight with his team’s latest eight-wicket win over Deccan Chargers in the fourth edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL) tournament, Kings XI Punjab skipper Adam Gilchrist said that it was nice to play with a new group that was really working very hard.
“Yes, quite a night for us really. It is very pleasing and satisfying as well to be finally sitting in a press conference here as a winner. We have sat in this ground, having lost a few, but and I know the Deccan Chargers experience here couple of nights ago, so good for them,” Gilchrist told reporters at a post-match press conference.
“But it is nice to come back with this new group, who is working very hard and we are just trying to play some good cricket. So it was nice and very pleasing to get the results that went our way,” he added.
Meanwhile, Deccan Chargers coach Darren Lehmann blamed the team’s bowling attack for the loss.
“Got blown away in the first six or seven overs I think. 60 runs for Gilchrist and (Paul) Valthaty played really well. We did not bowl really well, a bit short and wide. And they took full advantage of that. So that was the game right there I think,” said Lehmann.
“It does not help when you bowl a no ball, and get a wicket early, Steyn knows that. He is very disappointed. We were disappointed with the bowling today. I thought we batted pretty well. 166 with that bowling attack should have been enough,” he added.
Kings XI Punjab restricted Deccan Chargers to a score of 166 and won the match with 14 balls to spare.
Paul Valthaty was adjudged the Man-of-the-Match for his invaluable 75 and a bag of four for 29.
The 27-year-old, who has catapulted to the spotlight with two back-to-back match-winning performances against Chennai Super Kings and Deccan Chargers, is also in the hunt for the orange cap, matching strides with batting maestro Sachin Tendulkar with an identical tally of 201.
The Deccan Chargers next meet the Delhi Daredevils on April 19 at the Feroz Shah Kotla cricket ground in New Delhi.
Kings XI Punjab will meet Rajasthan Royals April 21 at Punjab Cricket Association Stadium in Mohali. (ANI)
- Gilchrist accuses a Chargers official of badmouthing him - Apr 17, 2011
- Kings XI Punjab beat Deccan Chargers by eight wickets - Apr 17, 2011
- Gilchrist confident of Valthaty maintaining stupendous form - Apr 17, 2011
- Sensational Valthaty powers Kings XI to another comfortable win (Lead) - Apr 17, 2011
- Dhoni, Gilchrist all praise for Valthaty - Apr 13, 2011
- Deccan Chargers set 166-run target for Kings XI Punjab - Apr 16, 2011
- Don't question integrity of my players: Hussey - May 16, 2012
- Kings XI Punjab take on Deccan Chargers in a must-win game - May 20, 2011
- Whatmore asks KKR players of no more slip-ups in IPL - May 03, 2011
- Kings XI thrash Rajasthan Royals by 48 runs (Lead) - Apr 22, 2011
- IPL Scoreboard: Deccan Chargers vs Kings XI Punjab - Apr 17, 2011
- Deccan Chargers knock Kings XI Punjab out of IPL (Lead) - May 21, 2011
- Valthaty hopes for a career turnaround - Apr 13, 2011
- Nobody is unbeatable in IPL: Gilchrist - Apr 14, 2012
- Kings XI blown away by Gayle's knock - Apr 21, 2012
Tags: adam gilchrist, balls, blown away, bowling, chargers, cricket, darren lehmann, eight wicket, hyderabad, maestro, match, orange cap, premier league, punjab, sachin tendulkar, skipper, spotlight, steyn, strides, tally