Gilchrist lauds team effort for Kings XI’s first winApril 13th, 2012 - 12:38 pm ICT by IANS
Mohali, April 13 (IANS) Captain Adam Gilchrist has attributed Kings XI Punjab’s first win in the fifth season of the Indian Premier League (IPL) to a complete team effort.
Kings XI Punjab cantered to a seven-wicket win over the Pune Warriors, who were bowled out for a paltry 115 Thursday.
Dimitri Mascarenhas took five wickets and Shaun Marsh scored an unbeaten 64, as they played a key role in Kings XI’s first win of the season.
“Good to get things started, early days in the tournaments. Bowlers did a good job in getting the movement off the air. Mascarenhas did a good job with the ball, got a couple of good deliveries, all in all a good team effort,” said the Australian wicket-keeper.
Gilchrist, however, said the pitch could be dangerous in the coming matches if it continues to assist the fast bowlers too much.
“The pitch was doing a tad too much because of the storm yesterday and it could be risk to continue playing on this kind of pitch,” Gilchrist said in the post match presentation.
Pune Warrior’s captain Sourav Ganguly said that the toss played a big role in the match and lamented his side’s poor batting performance.
“The toss was important but this was a good performance from the Punjab bowlers, we needed to be a lot smarter,” he said.
The former India captain was also unhappy with his team’s bowling efforts.
“Disappointed because we have a good bowling attack, need to be better with our batting. Kept Rahul Sharma away for some time because we wanted to try out our seamers under those conditions,” he said.
- Kings XI Punjab taste first win in IPL-V (Lead) - Apr 13, 2012
- Yuvraj wants to take it easy while leading Pune Warriors - Apr 11, 2011
- Gambhir credits bowlers for win over Kings XI Punjab - Apr 19, 2012
- Kings XI Punjab opt to bat against Knight Riders - Apr 18, 2012
- It was a good all-round display: Warriors coach Marsh - Apr 11, 2011
- IPL Scoreboard: Kings XI Punjab vs Pune Warriors - Apr 13, 2012
- Long way to go: Ganguly - Apr 06, 2012
- Pune Warriors stroll to 22 runs win over Punjab (Lead) - Apr 09, 2012
- Kings XI Punjab put Pune Warriors in - Apr 12, 2012
- Scoreboard: Pune Warriors vs Kings XI, IPL - Apr 09, 2012
- KKR bowlers stifled us: Gilchrist - May 01, 2011
- Kings XI thrash Rajasthan Royals by 48 runs (Lead) - Apr 22, 2011
- Knight Riders cruise to eight-wicket win over Kings XI Punjab (Lead) - Apr 19, 2012
- Beleaguered RCB hopes to bounce back - Apr 17, 2012
- Gilchrist expects good show from Kings XI against Super Kings - Apr 12, 2011
Tags: adam gilchrist, captain adam, deliveries, dimitri mascarenhas, fifth season, good job, key role, lauds, marsh, pitch, premier league, punjab, seamers, seven wicket, sourav ganguly, tad, team effort, warriors, wicket keeper, wickets