Gilchrist accuses a Chargers official of badmouthing himApril 17th, 2011 - 4:38 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, April 17 (IANS) Kings XI Punjab captain Adam Gilchrist accused an official of the Deccan Chargers franchise of badmouthing him ever since he left the Hyderabad team after the third edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL).
Gilchrist, who led Deccan Chargers to an IPL triumph in 2009, said it was disappointing to hear someone from his former franchise making foul comments against him.
The 41-year-old Australian legend made the comments Saturday night after he hit 61 and along with Paul Valthaty (75) steered the Kings XI Punjab to an eight-wicket win over the Chargers.
“I had three wonderful years with Deccan Chargers I had been a little disappointed with some comments I heard from one person within the franchise. So, it was sweet to win against them,” said Gilchrist.
“The comments had been brought to my attention that someone had been saying a few things about me. I am not going to elaborate on who or what it was. But everyone else in the franchise has been wonderful and it (comments) was disappointing to hear that.”
“This win is on that one person who knows what they are (comments). Every dog has its day but it was our day today,” he added.
The Australian though did exchange a few heated words with Chargers spinner Amit Mishra during his team’ successful 166-run chase. Gilchrist got out to a half-tracker from Mishra and the leggier was seen gesturing at the batsman as he walked to the pavilion.
Chargers coach Darren Lehmann, however, refused to comment on who the official was.
“I don’t have anything to say on that. Gilchrist is one of the greatest players of all time and at 41 he is still doing that (batting well). We love him and he has been great for us. He again batted well in this match,” said Lehmann.
“What’s been said behind the scenes I would not like to comment, but say Gilchrist is an absolute legend of the game and he played really well.”
- Gilchrist pleased with team's performance in IPL - Apr 17, 2011
- Sensational Valthaty powers Kings XI to another comfortable win (Lead) - Apr 17, 2011
- Kings XI Punjab beat Deccan Chargers by eight wickets - Apr 17, 2011
- Deccan Chargers knock Kings XI Punjab out of IPL (Lead) - May 21, 2011
- Gilchrist confident of Valthaty maintaining stupendous form - Apr 17, 2011
- Kings XI Punjab take on Deccan Chargers in a must-win game - May 20, 2011
- Gilchrist to lead Kings XI Punjab in IPL-4 - Jan 11, 2011
- Kings XI face Deccan Chargers, look to book play-off berth - May 12, 2012
- Getting Gilchrist out early key to Deccan Chargers victory: Lehman - Apr 16, 2011
- Toughest day of my cricketing career: Ganguly - May 10, 2011
- RCB desperate to return to winning streak - May 05, 2012
- We have failed to execute our plans: Lehmann - May 14, 2012
- Domestic players continue to shine in IPL - May 29, 2011
- Whatmore asks KKR players of no more slip-ups in IPL - May 03, 2011
- Gilchrist still doubtful for Tuesday's match - May 07, 2012
Tags: absolute legend, adam gilchrist, australian legend, batsman, captain adam, chargers, chase, coach, darren lehmann, deccan, eight wicket, franchise, game, ipl, match, mishra, premier league, punjab, saturday night, triumph