Gilberto undergoes surgery on noseApril 1st, 2012 - 3:31 pm ICT by IANS
Rio de Janeiro, April 1 (IANS) Former Arsenal midfielder Gilberto Silva underwent surgery to correct his broken nose.
Silva received a vicious elbow during his team’s 4-0 win over Avenida March 29 in the fifth round of the Rio Grande do Sul state championship.
Unable to readjust his nose, the player was forced to correct the problem through surgery Saturday. He is expected to be sidelined for a month.
Silva is Brazilian club Gremio’s third player to suffer a fracture in within one week.
- Gremio's Kleber to be out for five months - Mar 28, 2012
- Gremio eliminated from Brazilian state championship - Feb 27, 2012
- Gremio grab 4-1 win in state championship - Mar 19, 2012
- Luxemburgo signs up to coach Gremio - Feb 22, 2012
- Injured Gremio goalkeeper Grohe to miss crucial game - Apr 29, 2012
- Former Liverpool defender Aurelio out with injury - Jul 01, 2012
- Former Man City midfielder Elano praises teammates - Jul 25, 2012
- Ronaldinho scores in Atletico's 4-1 victory - Jul 22, 2012
- Former Brazil coach urges Neymar to shun Barcelona - Sep 05, 2012
- Kidnapped Chile star to stay in Brazil for a month - Jun 16, 2012
- Ronaldinho threatens strike due to delayed payment - Jan 12, 2012
- Fred on target for Fluminense in Brazilian Serie A - Aug 16, 2012
- Flamengo's Renato ready for practice after heart surgery - Mar 29, 2012
- Brazilian boxer shot dead by police - Mar 14, 2011
- Ronaldinho dazzles despite abuse from opposing fans - Jul 02, 2012