Gilbert Arenas Charged By Former Girlfriend Laura Mendoza Govan Of Cutting Off Maintenance AllowanceFebruary 5th, 2011 - 5:27 pm ICT by GD
By Madhuri Dey
Feb 5, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Orlando Magic guard Gilbert Arenas on Thursday night became the center of attention after a process server handed him court documents while he was leaving the court. The 29 year old point guard was left shocked after he was openly handed the papers which were court papers filed against him by his former girlfriend Laura Mendoza Govan.
According to sources, Laura Mendoza Govan who claims to be the ex-girlfriend of the star player has accused the basketball player of having cut off the expenses which he is supposed to give her for the maintenance of their three kids. Laura Mendoza Govan claims that the Orlando Magic point guard is the father of the three children and also to the one with whom she is pregnant right now. The act of the all of a sudden handing of the court papers to the player has certainly drawn criticism from Gilbert Arenas who made it clear that the public display of such matters is indeed an act of shame and shows what kind of a woman Laura Mendoza Govan is. The incident happened while Gilbert Arenas was heading towards the locker room during the half time of the match between the Magic and Miami Heat.
The legal documents show that Laura Mendoza Govan had filed the petition at a California court. While Gilbert Arenas’ lawyer Lisa Fishberg said that the whole claim accusation made by Laura Mendoza Govan is baseless, the player himself confirmed on Friday night that he still pays Laura Mendoza Govan a monthly allowance of $20,000, although her claims are as high as $100,000! The case is scheduled to be taken up at a Los Angeles court on March 8.
- Rashard Lewis And Gilbert Arenas Swap Their Teams - Dec 19, 2010
- Orlando Magic Ropes In Jason Richardson From Phoenix Suns - Dec 19, 2010
- Marquis Daniels Injury, Out For 1-2 Months - Feb 07, 2011
- Elderly director sues woman over 'faked romance' - Aug 07, 2012
- Chris Bosh doesn't wants his ex to appear on 'Basketball Wives' - May 04, 2011
- NBA Star Gilbert Arenas Pleads Guilty - Jan 18, 2010
- Chicago Bulls Offer 3-Year, $20 Million To J.J. Redick - Jul 10, 2010
- Gary Coleman's Ex-Girlfriend Anna Gray Comes Up With Another Will - Jun 15, 2010
- Usher in tears during custody hearing - May 23, 2012
- Mel Gibson Sued For Unpaid Bills By Construction Company - Jun 26, 2010
- Singur farmers file applications for return of land - Jul 23, 2011
- Ben Harper and Laura Dern's divorce is back on - Jul 09, 2012
- Gibson moves against ex-girlfriend - Jun 25, 2010
- Shelley Malil Sentenced To Lifetime Imprisonment For Brutal Murder Attempt - Dec 17, 2010
- Newcastle United striker Carroll cleared of charges of attacking ex-girlfriend - Dec 11, 2010
Tags: basketball player, california court, center of attention, dey, fishberg, former girlfriend, Gilbert Arenas, girlfriend laura, govan, kind of a woman, legal documents, madhuri, magic point, maintenance allowance, mendoza, miami heat, orlando magic, process server, star player, three kids