Gilani to brief Pak cabinet ahead of India visit to watch Indo-Pak World Cup semi-finalMarch 28th, 2011 - 12:25 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, Mar 28(ANI): Final touches are being given to arrangements for Pakistan Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani’s visit to India to watch the much-awaited Indo-Pak World Cup semi-final in Mohali on Wednesday.
According to the Dawn, a special meeting of the cabinet will be held today where Gilani will brief his colleagues on his plans for the meeting with Indian Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh.
Official sources say that Gilani will informally meet Dr. Singh during the match, and a formal meeting will be held after the match in which bilateral matters will come under discussion.
It is expected that both the Prime Ministers will also discuss cricket diplomacy to improve Indo-Pak bilateral relations.
Gilani had accepted the invitation of his Indian counterpart after a two-hour meeting with President Asif Ali Zardari on Saturday.
The match will come a day after the Home Secretary-level talks between the two countries on March 28-29.
Officials of Pakistan’s Sports Ministry and the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) will also be at Mohali to watch the match.
India and Pakistan have not played in any bilateral series since the Mumbai terror attacks in November 2008. The Pakistan cricketers have also not played in the Indian Premier League since its first edition in early 2008. (ANI)
- Gilani accepts Dr Singh's invitation to watch Indo-Pak WC match in Mohali - Mar 27, 2011
- Gilani to discuss all mutual interest issues during India visit: Foreign Office - Mar 30, 2011
- Cricket invite shows Pak, India can play as well as talk on important issues: Gilani - Mar 29, 2011
- India-Pakistan match: Gilani accepts Manmohan's invite - Mar 27, 2011
- Half-day holiday in Pakistan on March 30 over Indo-Pak WC semi-final clash - Mar 30, 2011
- PCB opens Lahore's Gaddafi Stadium for Indo-Pak WC semi-final treat for fans - Mar 30, 2011
- Gilani accepts Manmohan's invite for World Cup semifinal (Lead) - Mar 27, 2011
- Indian hockey team likely to tour Pakistan at 2011 end: Asif Bajwa - Apr 09, 2011
- Gilani congratulates Manmohan on India's World Cup victory - Apr 03, 2011
- PHF to discuss Indo-Pak hockey series revival with Malik today - Apr 19, 2011
- 'Cricket diplomacy' to go a long way in improving frosty Indo-Pak ties: Pak official - Mar 30, 2011
- Gilani praises Manmohan as "good politician" ahead of 'cricket diplomacy' meet - Mar 30, 2011
- Indian, Pakistani people want peaceful Kashmir solution: Gilani - Apr 21, 2011
- Indo-Pak World Cup semifinal helped break the ice between both nations: Gilani - Apr 12, 2011
- Lahore HC moved against Pak cricket team on match-fixing charges in WC semi-final - Mar 31, 2011
Tags: asif ali zardari, bilateral relations, dr manmohan singh, dr singh, final touches, home secretary, india and pakistan, india visit, indian counterpart, indian prime minister, manmohan, manmohan singh, mohali, pakistan cricket board, pakistan cricket board pcb, pakistan cricketers, s sports, sports ministry, terror attacks, yousuf