Giggs was p****d off when Chelsea won Double last seasonMarch 1st, 2011 - 4:11 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 1 (ANI): Ryan Giggs, who celebrates 20 years since his Manchester United debut this week, is still bitter about Carlo Ancelotti’s players ruining his summer after taking United’s title and completing the Double and has revenge on his mind against Chelsea.
The two teams meet at Stamford Bridge tonight.
“I don’t think about the titles I’ve won. I just look at the future. Last year, for example, when Chelsea won the Double - it winds you up. You don’t want it to happen again. You don’t want to feel like you did last summer,” The Sun quoted Giggs, as saying.
“You want to feel like the year before when you won the league. It’s not the fear of failure. It’s just craving that feeling of winning the title. We lost by one point last year and it stays with you,” he said.
“You go on holiday, trying to enjoy yourself with the kids, and you do, but then you have a quiet moment, it comes back to you what happened and, I’ll say it, you’re p****d off. You’re on holiday and you’re just p****d off,” Giggs said.
Giggs was 17-year-old when he came on as a substitute against Everton back on March 2, 1991.
He has been sidelined for four games with a calf problem and tight hamstring but will be fit to face Chelsea.
Giggs said: “It’s not one thing. It’s a mix. First of all, what you’re born with - genetics. Then you couple that with trying to live your life the right way. It’s a lot easier when you have quality around you, especially when you become older and rely on legs around you. If I didn’t, I’m sure I’d have finished two or three years ago”. (ANI)
- Ancelotti's position at Chelsea is safe and sound: Ferguson - Feb 27, 2011
- 'Harder for Chelsea to win at Blackpool than it was to beat Man U' - Mar 07, 2011
- Chelsea sack Ancelotti as manager - May 23, 2011
- Ancelotti banking on transfer window to save Chelsea job - Jan 03, 2011
- Ancelotti prefers 'ready to play' team to having big-spending Mancini's 'headaches' - Sep 25, 2010
- I don't fear for my Chelsea job, says Ancelotti - Dec 11, 2010
- Man U unperturbed by City's spending spree: Giggs - Jul 20, 2010
- Arsenal is 'bit afraid of Drogba', says Ancelotti - Dec 24, 2010
- Lucky to still be in Chelsea job: Ancelotti - Jan 05, 2011
- Winning Premier League more important than Golden Boot: Drogba - Mar 26, 2010
- Chelsea posses best attack of Premier League: Ancelotti - Apr 02, 2011
- I looked like moron: Timberlake - May 05, 2012
- Ryan Giggs has finally shed his fear of Fergie - Aug 19, 2010
- Under fire Ancelotti bravely says his future at Chelsea secure - Apr 12, 2011
- Don't want to leave Chelsea: Anelka - Jul 21, 2011