Giggs ready to re-enact 1999 goal celebrations against GunnersApril 28th, 2009 - 2:56 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr.28 (ANI): Ryan Giggs is ready to re-enact one of the most famous goal celebrations in history.
It is 10 years since Giggs skipped past four players on a 60-yard run before smashing in a sensational late goal to beat Arsenal in the FA Cup semi-final at Villa Park.
The Welsh wizard was so overcome by the emotion of the occasion that he whipped his shirt off, whirling it round his head and kept running all the way back to the half-way line.
Giggs admits he might just expose that rippling torso all over again if he gets the winner against the Gunners which clinches United’s place in the Champions League final in Rome.Recalling that amazing night in 1999, Giggs said: “It was a great moment for me personally and for the team. It was a massive turning point in the season that ended in the Treble. That’s what football is all about. You never know what’s going to happen next. I used to say I would never do it again but you never know. If you score an important winning goal again in the last minute you might just do it.”
At the venerable age of 35, Giggs remains a key figure in United’s assault on the Quadruple.
He has spent more than 20 years at Old Trafford and his PFA award from his fellow pros is a fitting tribute to a magnificent career. (ANI)
- I knew Giggs would be great, says ex-Man U skipper - Oct 02, 2009
- Giggs to discuss future with Manchester United - Dec 24, 2011
- Giggs bamboozled by Rooney's suspension for swearing - Apr 08, 2011
- Fergie confident about Man U delivering against Olympique Marseille - Feb 23, 2011
- Fulham manager Hughes backs Man U for treble - Apr 10, 2011
- Rooney wants Man U star Giggs to be knighted - Apr 14, 2011
- Giggs backs Berbatov to win 'Golden Boot' battle against Tevez in Manchester derby - Feb 12, 2011
- Losing to Aston Villa prompts Giggs to carry on - Dec 15, 2009
- Arsenal under pressure to meet only remaining Premier League 'target': Wenger - Mar 21, 2011
- Rocking Roo will strike for Man U against Blackpool: Veteran Giggs - Jan 25, 2011
- Arsenal suffering a crisis of confidence: Wenger - Mar 13, 2011
- Proud Fergie hails Giggs and Carrick's wonder show - Oct 01, 2009
- Ferguson eyeing Rooney 'burst' ahead of important Premier League games - Feb 19, 2011
- Man U to offer new deals to old warhorses Giggs, Scholes: Alex Ferguson - Dec 12, 2009
- Fergie praises Giggs for shattering Chelsea's Champions League dreams - Apr 13, 2011
Tags: 10 years, arsenal, champions league, clinches, emotion, fa cup, fitting tribute, goal celebrations, great moment, gunners, magnificent career, old trafford, pfa award, ryan giggs, torso, treble, turning point, venerable age, villa park, welsh wizard