Giants Knocks Down Phillies In Game 6 Of NLCSOctober 25th, 2010 - 1:54 am ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Philadelphia, Oct 24, (THAINDIAN NEWS) It was a bad day for the Philadelphia Phillies at Citzens Bank Park in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, as the game went to the San Francisco Giants. For the fourth time, the San Francisco Giants made their way to the World Series, after a cut throat competition with the Phillies.
The game ended as the Giants bagged a final victory score of 3-2, thereby winning the National League Championship Series 4-2. Shortstop Juan Uribe made a home run against two-out fastball from reliever Ryan Madson and dissolved the 2-2 tie in the eighth inning. It was then that the Giants closer Brian Wilson, who got the final five outs, put his team to victory. The first step to victory on the part of the Giants began as the team beat Roy Halladay in Game 1, behind two home runs from Cody Ross and Lincecum’s pitching.
The Philadelphia Phillies, however, started the game with full spirit, as there were every possibilities of its elimination from the World Series this year. Since the match was hanging in a state of unpredictability at the beginning, there was equal chances for both the team winning the showdown. However, the actual turning point of the game was marked when Juan Uribe’s drive landed over the railing above the right-field wall. His home run went as high as three feet, although Ryan Madson of the Phillies had not allowed a run in 6 1/3 innings. This was the first home run in the series by the Giants, the other one being scored by Cody Ross.
As the game 6 between the Giants and the Phillies ended, the latter went 0-for-9 with runners in scoring position. To consider the big picture, the San Francisco Giants will face Texas Rangers, in the World Series, to be starting from October 27.
- Matt Cain Executes His Pitches To Victory - Oct 29, 2010
- San Francisco Giants Win First World Series In Fifty Years - Nov 02, 2010
- World Series Schedule Has Been Finalized - Oct 25, 2010
- San Francisco Giants beat the Rangers to win the World Series - Nov 02, 2010
- Tim Lincecum Shines Against Atlanta Braves - Oct 08, 2010
- NJIT professor projects 2011 Major League Baseball winners using math - Apr 02, 2011
- Roy Halladay Makes His Perfect Pitch, Philadelphia Phillies Wins Over Florida Marlins - May 30, 2010
- Miguel Tejada Hired By San Francisco Giants For A $6.5 Million Deal - Dec 02, 2010
- Edgar Renteria Attributes To Giants Game 2 Victory - Oct 29, 2010
- San Francisco Giants' World Series Victory Parade Witnesses Huge Turnout - Nov 04, 2010
- Chan Ho Park: Good Comeback - Oct 16, 2009
- Phillies Winning Streak Continues In Phillies-Dodgers Game 4 - Oct 20, 2009
- Edgar Renteria gives a MVP performance - Nov 03, 2010
- World Series Game 5 Score: Phillies Clinches Victory Over Yankees - Nov 03, 2009
- Ron Washington Shows Pride For His Rangers - Oct 23, 2010
Tags: citzens bank park, cody ross, cut throat, eighth inning, final victory, five outs, game 1, juan uribe, lincecum, meena, national league championship series, nlcs, philadelphia pennsylvania, philadelphia phillies, roy halladay, ryan madson, san francisco giants, shortstop juan uribe, texas rangers, throat competition