Ghana’s Asamoah Gyan on Redknapp’s shortlistApril 29th, 2011 - 3:26 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr 29 (ANI): Sunderland’s Ghana ace Asamoah Gyan is on Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp’s shortlist as he prepares for the transfer window to open.
Redknapp will look to shake up his striking options and is a big fan of Gyan.
Gyan arrived on Wearside at the start of the season for 13 million pounds, but has taken time to settle.
There has been no contact between the two clubs though Gyan is fully aware of Tottenham’s interest and would welcome a move to London, The Sun reports.
Boss Steve Bruce will fight hard to keep Gyan at the club as he also prepares for a major shake-up in the summer.
But owner Ellis Short is keen for Bruce to avoid the purchase of African stars with next year’s African Nations Cup in mind. (ANI)
- 'Frustrated' Redkanpp all but gives up hope of signing Beckham for Tottenham stint - Jan 15, 2011
- 'Stupid' Crouch leaves Tottenham's Champions League dreams in tatters - Apr 06, 2011
- FA denies Redknapp, Beckham 'dream team' replacing Capello - Jan 07, 2011
- 'Tottenham has lost credibility in bid to gain Olympics stadium' - Jan 24, 2011
- Redknapp is Fergie's choice for England manager after Capello - Jan 16, 2011
- Beckham extends training stay at Tottenham Hotspur - Feb 09, 2011
- Spurs will not be broken up: Redknapp - Apr 13, 2011
- Beckham won't be playing against Man U - Jan 12, 2011
- Bale may take on A C Milan in crunch game for Tottenham: Redknapp - Feb 14, 2011
- Steve Bruce sacked as Sunderland manager - Dec 01, 2011
- 'We are underdogs against Real Madrid,' says Redknapp - Apr 04, 2011
- Beckhham not a marketing tool, can buy any club he wants: Redknapp - Jan 03, 2011
- Villas-Boas appointed Tottenham manager - Jul 03, 2012
- Tottenham close to bagging Crouch in 12 million pound deal - Jul 19, 2009
- Asamoah Gyan quits Ghana's national team - Feb 19, 2012