Ghana third best African side on FIFA rankingSeptember 6th, 2012 - 1:49 pm ICT by IANS
Accra (Ghana), Sep 6 (IANS) Ghana moved one place up from the 32nd to the 31st position on the September edition of the FIFA world rankings, the Ghana Football Association (GFA) announced here.
Ghana earned seven points to increase their point accumulation to 714 from last month’s 704, pushing the West African nation to third on the continental table after Algeria moved to the second position, reports Xinhua.
Cote d’ivoire are still ranked the top side in Africa.
There were not many changes despite the results of 54 ‘A’ internationals, all of which were friendlies taken into account for the latest edition of the FIFA World Ranking.
European champions Spain remain on top with Germany second and England sitting third on the world ranking table.
Ghana’s Black Stars play Malawi Saturday in the final first-leg qualifier for the 2013 African Nations Cup to be hosted by South Africa.
- Ghana jumps in FIFA rankings - Jan 19, 2012
- Zambia moves to fourth position in African football - Feb 16, 2012
- Ghana to play China in international friendly - Jul 21, 2012
- Spain retain top spot in FIFA ranking - Apr 12, 2012
- Ghana names Maxwell Konadu as assistant coach - May 04, 2012
- Ghana president backs soccer team to fight back - Feb 17, 2012
- Ghana disappointed at semi-final loss in African Cup soccer - Feb 09, 2012
- SAFA apologizes to Ghana over age-cheating claims - Apr 27, 2012
- 66 Indians evacuated from Cote d'Ivoire - Apr 13, 2011
- Five Indians trafficked for organ sale rescued in Ghana - May 28, 2011
- Botswana, from 'whipping boys' to 'African team of year' - Dec 30, 2011
- Ghana to observe FIFA Fair Play Day against Malawi - Sep 07, 2012
- Domenech heads Kenya's list for foreign football coach - Aug 17, 2012
- Asamoah Gyan quits Ghana's national team - Feb 19, 2012
- Ghana defeat Malawi in African Nations Cup qualifier - Sep 09, 2012
Tags: accra ghana, accumulation, african nation, african nations cup, algeria, black stars, cote d ivoire, england, european champions, fifa world rankings, germany, ghana football association, ghana football association gfa, internationals, malawi, seven points, south africa, spain, xinhua