Get me Nasri and Aguero, says ManciniJuly 16th, 2011 - 7:31 pm ICT by IANS
Manchester, July 16 (IANS) Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini wants to bring Arsenal mid-fielder Samir Nasri and Atletico Madrid striker Sergio Aguero to the club.
Mancini is likely to seal Aguero-deal for 35 million pounds. The Argentine will be a replacement for his compatriot Carlos Tevez, who is likely to move to Brazilian club Corinthians.
“Samir is under contract with Arsenal. Also for Samir it depends on many things,” Mancini was quoted as saying by The Sun.
Asked if a bid for Nasri had been submitted, Mancini said: “I don’t know in this moment, I don’t know the situation but for Nasri it is difficult. I hope that we can buy because we need other players and I hope that this player can arrive before the end of the month.”
Mancini believes Aguero will be the perfect replacement for Tevez.
“At the moment I am waiting because if we lose Carlos, Aguero is a player that can play for Manchester City because he is young, because he is a good player like Carlos, he can score a lot of goals and can play with Mario Balotelli, with Edin Dzeko,” he said.
- Tevez off to Corinthians - Jul 18, 2011
- Won't win title playing like that: Manicini - Sep 11, 2011
- Aguero dreams of winning more EPL titles for Man City - May 10, 2012
- 'Exhausted' Tevez needs a break to get back to his best: Mancini - Mar 17, 2011
- Not certain about Tévez staying at Man City: Mancini - Feb 24, 2011
- Mancini strips Tevez of Manchester City captaincy - Sep 10, 2011
- Balotelli faces Mancini's wrath after bad challenge on Tevez during training - Apr 02, 2011
- Manchester City suspend Tevez for defying manager - Sep 29, 2011
- Mancini says Man City's future bright after Tevez retention - Dec 22, 2010
- Light at the end Of the tunnel for matured Balotelli - Jul 02, 2012
- Man City set to sign Edin Dzeko for 34 million pounds - Dec 30, 2010
- Keep distance from Van Persie, Wenger tells Manchester City - Oct 01, 2011
- Balotelli needs to change attitude: Mancini - Apr 14, 2012
- City's Mancini says Rooney's exit could end Man U's two-decade domination - Oct 21, 2010
- Nasri involved in altercation with Frimpong on return to Emirates - Nov 30, 2011