Germany took pity on England after 4-1 score line, says PodolskiJuly 7th, 2010 - 2:07 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jul 7 (ANI): Germany striker Lukas Podolski has said that his side would still have thrashed England even if Frank Lampard’s strike had been allowed and their last 16 match levelled at 2-2.
To add insult to injury, he even reckons that the Germans took pity on the Three Lions in the end instead of going all out for an even bigger win.
“People talked about England and the disallowed goal but it is nonsense to suggest that even if that had been allowed, we would have lost the game eventually,” The Sun quoted Podolski, as saying.
“If anything we could have scored more goals. I tell you, after we had opened up a 4-1 lead we stood off England so, trust me, it could have been a lot worse for them,” he said.
“I don’t think people gave us enough credit for the way we played and took England apart. People were far more interested with what was wrong with England after a disastrous campaign,” Podolski said.
“And no one really gave us credit for being far better than them. For me you don’t beat a side 4-1 without being comprehensively better than them,” he added. (ANI)
- Controversy in Germany's 4-1 demolition of England (Night Lead) - Jun 28, 2010
- Germany crush England 4-1 for quarterfinal berth (Lead) - Jun 27, 2010
- Podolski turns down riches to sign with Arsenal - Mar 09, 2012
- FIFA President finally apologises for Lampard 'goal', vows technology review - Jun 29, 2010
- Germany demolish England 4-1 - Jun 27, 2010
- Germany destroys England's World Cup dream - Jun 28, 2010
- Uruguayan linesman blames Lampard's shot speed for horror decision - Jul 06, 2010
- Sleeping giant India is slowly waking up: Blatter - Mar 09, 2012
- Disallowed England goal reverberates around world - Jun 27, 2010
- England's 'lack of respect' of German players behind their WC exit: Lahm - Jun 28, 2010
- Ex-Liverpool boss blames Rooney for England's WC loss - Jul 19, 2010
- Germany looking to avenge heart-breaking Euro 2008 final defeat to Spain: Podolski - Jul 07, 2010
- England upset Spain 1-0 in football friendly - Nov 13, 2011
- English media blast team for terrible display - Jun 28, 2010
- Nuremberg stun Monchengladbach in Bundesliga - Mar 05, 2012