Germany must improve: Man of Match OzilJune 10th, 2012 - 3:39 pm ICT by IANS
Lviv (Ukraine), June 10 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Germany’s 1-0 victory over Portugal in their Euro 2012 opener Saturday was a reasonable start but the performance must improve for the next test against the Netherlands, forward Mesut Ozil said.
The 23-year-old playmaker was named man of the match after Mario Gomez’s 74th-minute strike handed the Germans victory.
“Portugal made life difficult, so we were happy to win,” he said, collecting his award.
“But we know we have to get better for the other games.”
Personally there was more to offer, the Real Madrid man said.
“I didnt give my best game,” he said.
The win takes the Germans joint top of the group after Denmark’s surprise 1-0 win over the Netherlands earlier Saturday.
Germany face the Netherlands next on Wednesday, with Denmark playing Portugal.
- Germany's Gomez got lucky: Portugal coach - Jun 10, 2012
- We were disciplined for brutal Euro 2012 opener: Loew - Jun 10, 2012
- Euro 2012: Germany beat Danes to set up Greece quarterfinal - Jun 18, 2012
- German coach thanks Mourinho for win - Jun 10, 2012
- Germany beats Portugal 1-0 in Euro 2012 - Jun 10, 2012
- Low expects defensive Greece in quarters - Jun 18, 2012
- Portugal calm despite win-or-bust Denmark test - Jun 13, 2012
- Ozil has raised his game at Real: Loew - Jun 08, 2012
- Portugal's Postiga wants better service against Danes - Jun 13, 2012
- Germany's Gomez breaks deadlock for win over Portugal (Lead) - Jun 10, 2012
- Germans jittery but fully fit for Euro 2012 - Jun 08, 2012
- Champions League defeat a thing of past: Thomas Muller - Jun 08, 2012
- Euro 2012 Group B Preview: Many challenges in Group of Death - Jun 05, 2012
- Euro 2012: Olsen rues lost penalty as Denmark crash out - Jun 18, 2012
- Euro 2012: Portugal steal 3-2 win over Danes - Jun 14, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,