German side Hoffenheim sacks coach StanislawskiFebruary 10th, 2012 - 4:35 pm ICT by IANS
Berlin, Feb 10 (IANS) Bundesliga football team Hoffenheim and coach Holger Stanislawski have decided to go their separate ways after team’s string of poor performances, announced the club on their homepage on Thursday.
After slew of losses at the Bundesliga and German Cup, Hoffenheim decided to end their eight-month association with head coach Stainslawski, who coached the side to a single win in the last ten matches.
“We appreciate Holger Stanislawski as a professional coach but after long and constructive discussions with him we came to the conclusion that it is better to end the cooperation in the interest of all. The latest sportive developments were certainly decisive,” Hoffenheim manager Ernst Tanner was quoted as saying by Xinhua.
Hoffenheim quit their ties with Stanislawski after the team’s bitter 0-1 loss against second division team Greuther Fuerth in the German Cup Wednesday.
“This issue is done. No comment,” said 43-year-old Stanislawski after his dismissal. German media earlier reported that former Berlin coach Markus Babble will be his successor.
- Hoffenheim ends manager Tanner's contract - Mar 23, 2012
- Dortmund reaches semifinals at German Cup - Feb 08, 2012
- German Bundesliga kicks off August 27 - Jun 27, 2012
- Bayern, Monchengladbach, Fuerth in German Cup semis - Feb 09, 2012
- Dortmund record narrow victory in German Cup - Mar 21, 2012
- Bayern Munich claims win against newcomer - Aug 26, 2012
- Leverkusen cruise to victory against Hoffenheim in Bundesliga - Dec 03, 2011
- Stuttgart beat Hoffenheim - Mar 17, 2012
- Bayern make German Cup semi-finals as Cologne implode - Feb 11, 2010
- Mainz share points with Hoffenheim in Bundesliga - Feb 18, 2012
- German coach Loew drops Cacau from Euro 2012 squad - May 29, 2012
- Bayern Munich to make pre-season trip to China - Jun 30, 2012
- German record champion Bayern sets Dortmund under pressure - Mar 25, 2012
- German side Hertha Berlin suspends coach Markus Babbel - Dec 19, 2011
- Dortmund drop points as Bayern edge closer - Mar 11, 2012
Tags: berlin, conclusion, constructive discussions, cooperation, football team, fuerth, german cup, german media, german side, head coach, holger, losses, poor performances, professional coach, sacks, separate ways, slew, tanner, ties, xinhua