German schoolboys chilling essay on Hitler to be auctionedJune 20th, 2008 - 3:24 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 20 (ANI): A rare essay written by a 10-year-old German schoolboy, praising the Nazis is set to go under the hammer in Shropshire.
The essay was written by pupil Gunther Himpfel, as a gift for Hitler on his 50th birthday in 1939.
The 20-page booklet entitled ‘The Fiftieth Birthday of the Fuhrer’ is expected to fetch 150 pounds at the auction, reports the Telegraph.
The pupil received top marks for the essay in which he pays tribute to “greatest leader Germany have ever had” and says he hopes Hitler will live for many years to come.
“You never cease to be amazed at depths the Nazi propaganda machine plunged in the years leading up to the outbreak of World War II, said Richard Westwood-Brookes, a historical documents expert at Mullocks auctioneers, who is set to auction the booklet.
“Here you have a ten-year-old schoolboy who should be involving himself with childhood things, instead being used as a political pawn in the Nazis’ evil game.
“It is a very rare item as it’s not something the average German family would want to keep - they would usually give these type of things away or destroy it,” he added.
“The essay tells how much the German people love Hitler and outlines how Germans now live all together in one state, said Dr Christoph Mick, from the department of history at the University of Warwick.
“It describes how the masses celebrated Hitler and that he is the greatest leader Germany ever had.
“The article also praises Hitler and his ‘great friend’ Benito Mussolini and expresses the hope that Hitler and Mussolini may be able to preserve peace.
“And the author hopes that Hitler may live for many years to lead the German people,” he added. (ANI)
- Sketches of Hitler's artist who erased name from files post war up for grabs - Apr 04, 2011
- British spy sang for Hitler with secret documents in her underwear - Sep 10, 2010
- 30000 pounds for rare copy of Mein Kampf signed by Hitler - Apr 11, 2011
- Stalin's death mask sold for 3,600 pounds - Jan 25, 2012
- Hitler's signed autobiography to go on sale - Apr 11, 2011
- Nehru's 1938 rebuff to Nazis to be sold in Britain - Nov 11, 2011
- Mussolini thought he was more racist than 'sentimentalist' Hitler - Nov 17, 2009
- Unseen pics reveal Hitler's colourful side - Sep 25, 2010
- Osama shares May 1 death with Hitler - May 02, 2011
- German man convicted for having Hitler's speech as ring tone - Jul 02, 2010
- Stalin death mask goes on sale - Jan 24, 2012
- Rare Hitler colour photos found - Jan 12, 2012
- Hitler ordered creation of Nazi UFOs to destroy London, New York - Apr 26, 2011
- Germany's first Hitler exhibition seeks to break age-old taboos - Oct 13, 2010
- Sketch showing Hitler 'playing chess' with Lenin up for grabs - Apr 15, 2010
Tags: 50th birthday, auctioneers, department of history, evil game, fiftieth birthday, fuhrer, german family, german schoolboys, gunther, historical documents, hitler and mussolini, nazi propaganda, nazis, page booklet, political pawn, propaganda machine, pupil, schoolboy, university of warwick, world war ii