German football league: Bochum climb out of relegation zoneSeptember 26th, 2009 - 2:30 pm ICT by IANS
Nuremberg (Germany), Sep 26 (DPA) Diego Klimowicz scored the only goal of the match to give VfL Bochum a good 1-0 away win at Nuremberg in a Bundesliga game.
Friday’s result sees Bochum climb out of the relegation zone to 12th with seven points from as many games and also gave Frank Heinemann his first victory with the team he took over at the beginning of the week.
Klimowicz, who holds Spanish and Argentine nationality, scored in the seventh minute when he had the simplest of tap ins from close range after a pass from Paul Freier beat goalkeeper Raphael Schaefer at the near post and came to the striker.
Eric Choupo-Moting came close to levelling matters for the home side midway through the first half, but Andreas Luthe, in his first game in the Bundesliga, pulled off a fantastic stop.
Nuremberg continued pushing forward in the second half in search of an equaliser, but simply could not find a way through a compact Bochum defence.
Nuremberg remain third from the bottom in 16th place with just five points.
Table-topping SV Hamburg are at home to Bayern Munich later Saturday, while Bayer Leverkusen, who like the team from northern Germany are on 14 points, have a short away trip to Cologne.
- Bremen get a home game at last in German cup - Aug 09, 2009
- New boy Robben scores for Bayern as Leverkusen go top - Aug 30, 2009
- Bayern Munich on revenge mission in Wolfsburg - Feb 04, 2010
- Bochum, Hertha seek Cup relief after Bundesliga slump - Sep 21, 2009
- Loew calls up Hunt and Mueller for friendlies - Nov 06, 2009
- Dortmund close in on Bundesgila title - Apr 15, 2012
- Mertesacker saves Bremen as Hamburg and Schalke stumble - Nov 29, 2009
- Cologne relegated, Dortmund break Bundesliga record - May 06, 2012
- Bayern Munich aim to improve in Bundesliga - Dec 03, 2009
- Bremen go top as Hanover and Bundesliga remember Enke - Nov 22, 2009
- Munich meet Frankfurt again, in German Cup - Oct 26, 2009
- Dortmund defeat Freiburg, Nuremberg stun Leverkusen in Bundesliga - Dec 18, 2011
- Wolfsburg break losing streak in Bundesliga - Sep 19, 2009
- Cologne, Bremen celebrate goal festival at Bundesliga - Dec 11, 2011
- Hamburg seal late win over Cologne in Bundesliga - Feb 13, 2012
Tags: bayer leverkusen, bayern munich, bundesliga, close range, diego klimowicz, equaliser, first game, first victory, five points, frank heinemann, german football league, goalkeeper, luthe, northern germany, nuremberg germany, paul freier, relegation zone, seven points, striker, sv hamburg