Georgia State Panthers Was No Competition For Alabama Crimson TidesNovember 19th, 2010 - 7:32 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Nov 19, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The Georgia State Panthers seemed no comparison to the Alabama Crimson Tide, as the latter had a sweeping victory yesterday, with a score of 63-7. Needless to say, the entire game was dominated by the Tides, while the panther could not do anything but feel humiliated with its defeat.
Alabama made five turnovers, while holding Georgia State just 165 yards of total offense. They refrained the Panthers to score in any of the three quarters properly. In fact, the first, third and fourth quarters was left unutilized by the defeated team, while the second quarter gave them the scope of scoring a meager 7 points. On the other hand, Alabama had scored 14 in first quarter, 28 in second quarter, 14 in third quarter and seven in final quarter. It may be said that the kicking start of the winning team and then adhering to the good performance, led them to the victory. The scoring spree was started by Greg McElroy, who shot Julio Jones for eight yards and a touchdown, thereby starting a string of touchdowns for the Crimson Tide. He completed 12-13 passes for 157 yards and two touchdowns, both to Jones. However, he also missed it once. Julio Jones finished 86 yards and two touchdowns, for seven catches. On the other hand, Mark Ingram and Eddie Lacy together made 167 yards and two touchdowns.
Georgia State’s quarterbacks could not be very impressive and completes 5-17 passes for 74 yards and four interceptions, with combined effort. Cade Foster however made the only remarkable performance by racing 97 yards for the score. Travis Evans and Kelton Hill made 60 yards, by rushing 30 yards each. Number 10 ranking Alabama will now face the Number two ranking Auburn Tigers next Friday.
- South Carolina Beats Alabama By 35-21 - Oct 10, 2010
- Alabama Defeats Arkansas By 24-20 In NCAA Football - Sep 26, 2010
- Auburn Tigers - Contender For National Title - Nov 27, 2010
- Mark lngram's Game Helps Alabama Win Against Florida - Dec 06, 2009
- Greg McElroy Achieves Sudden Stardom In The Alabama-Florida Game - Dec 06, 2009
- SEC Championship 2010 Gets Exciting For Auburn - Nov 14, 2010
- Mark Ingram Injures Left Knee, Out Of Field Against San Jose State - Sep 01, 2010
- BCS National Championship Will Clash Auburn And Oregon - Dec 05, 2010
- San Jose State Defeated By Top Ranked Alabama 48-3 - Sep 05, 2010
- Virginia Tech Football Team Defeats Georgia Tech - Nov 05, 2010
- Jordan Shipley Tries Hard But Fails To Lead His Team To Victory - Jan 08, 2010
- Auburn QB Cam Newton named Heisman Trophy Award winner - Dec 12, 2010
- Nevada Wolf Pack Brings An End To Boise State Broncos' Unbeaten Season - Nov 27, 2010
- Alabama Wins BCS Championship Against Texas - Jan 08, 2010
- Auburn University Registers 52-26 Triumph Over Arkansas State - Sep 05, 2010
Tags: alabama crimson tide, auburn tigers, combined effort, crimson tide, crimson tides, four interceptions, georgia state panthers, greg mcelroy, julio jones, kar, kelton hill, mark ingram, panther, remarkable performance, second quarter, spree, three quarters, touchdown, turnovers, winning team