Georgia retains European Nations rugby trophyJune 10th, 2012 - 4:00 pm ICT by IANS
Tbilisi (Georgia), June 10 (IANS) Defending champions Georgia trounced Ukraine 33-3 to finish their 2012 European Nations Cup rugby tournament with a fifth title.
Saturday’s game was re-scheduled from April and moved from Ukraine to the South Caucasus country.
Georgia won four of their five games in the single round-robin tournament in this season’s league, losing to Spain away in Madrid, reported Xinhua.
Romania finished runners-up while Spain came in third, followed by Russia, Portugal and Ukraine.
The Georgia national team, known as Lelos in Georgia, will travel to North America for some test matches with the United States and Canada in late June.
- England lose, Spain held in U-17 Euro qualifiers - Mar 29, 2012
- England beat Ukraine, Georgia tie Spain in Euro 2012 U-17 - Mar 27, 2012
- Poland, Greece to kick-off Euro 2012 - Jun 07, 2012
- Euro 2012: Ronaldo key for Portugal - Jun 02, 2012
- Great day for me, says German debutant Lars Bender - Jun 18, 2012
- We are not the favourites: German soccer coach - Jun 02, 2012
- The road to Brazil begins in Georgia: Del Bosque - Sep 10, 2012
- Euro 2012: Last chance to change for Dutch team - Jun 16, 2012
- Vietnam to host London 2012 soccer qualifying playoffs - Jan 27, 2012
- Cold reception for 'Oranje' in the Netherlands - Jun 19, 2012
- Spain not expecting a wave of migrants from Libya - Feb 26, 2011
- Germans jittery but fully fit for Euro 2012 - Jun 08, 2012
- Polish cops to assist in Ukraine during Euro 2012 - Mar 14, 2012
- Euro 2012 Group B Preview: Many challenges in Group of Death - Jun 05, 2012
- Spain retain top spot in FIFA ranking - Apr 12, 2012
Tags: canada, european nations cup, five games, game, madrid, north america, portugal, romania, runners, russia, south caucasus, spain, tbilisi georgia, trophy, trounced, ukraine, united states, xinhua