Gazzas ex-wife gets immense public support post emotional documentaryJanuary 12th, 2009 - 6:45 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan 12 (ANI): Sheryl Gascoigne, ex-wife of Fallen football legend Paul Gascoigne a.k.a Gazza, has revealed that she has received immense support from people who have suffered like her family.
Sheryl says she has been swamped with letters and calls since the emotional documentary about her family called Surviving Gazza was aired on television.
And she described her elder son Mason as being a hero for teenagers in the same position and for attracting massive public support.
Surviving Gazza showed Sheryl and her kids, Bianca, 22, Mason, 19, and Regan, 12, desperately trying to help Gazza quit booze.
It showed Sheryl, 43, inviting him back into their home and then following him to Portugal in a bid to bring him back from a round-Europe bender.
And Sheryl says that she has received a lot of support and appreciation received for highlighting the issue.
The response has been absolutely overwhelming and thats enough for me, the Sun quoted her, as saying.
Its highlighting the problem for other people and we have been thanked by so many but I am sure there will be people out there who still want to knock us.
But, in general, we have had so much positives. People have thanked me and children have even been writing to us, she added. (ANI)
- 'I've already died twice,' says Gazza - Mar 11, 2011
- Mum collapses in tears after grandson disowns Gazza - Jan 07, 2009
- Gazzas girl gets immense public support post emotional documentary - Jan 08, 2009
- Gazza tells his family that he is determined to drink himself to death - Sep 13, 2008
- Ex-wife says Gazza wanted sex 10 times a day - Oct 11, 2009
- Gazza rubbishes ex-wife's '10 times a day' sex claims - Oct 12, 2009
- Gazza brands ex-wife Sheryl a wicked vulture - Feb 25, 2009
- Gascoigne's ex-wife gets undisclosed libel damages from UK paper - Dec 18, 2010
- Ex-wife says 'she's public enemy No. 1 for revealing Gazza's abuse' - Oct 14, 2009
- Gazza banned from watching TV documentary in which son disowns him - Jan 05, 2009
- I'm A Celeb reality show bosses kick Gazza out, replace him with ex-wife - Oct 24, 2009
- Gazza slams ex-wife Sheryl for "using him" - Oct 18, 2009
- Gazza is off alcohol, keen to unite with family - Feb 21, 2009
- Gazza believes he has one last chance to avoid death - Jan 02, 2009
- Gazza may remarry his ex-wife - Jul 28, 2008