Gazza was tricked into doing shocking documentary, says palJanuary 15th, 2009 - 5:49 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan 15 (ANI): Fallen football legend Paul Gascoigne a.k.a Gazza was tricked into appearing in the shocking TV documentary Surviving Gazza, according to his pal.
Jimmy Five Bellies Gardner, who has known Gazza since childhood, opened up about the troubled stars fury over the stitch-up.
And he feels that Gazza was talked into doing it by Sheryl and producers while he was incapable of making a rational decision because he was in an alcoholic haze.
He said that Gazza might also lodge a formal complaint with broadcasting watchdog Ofcom about the Channel 4 show Surviving Gazza.
Channel 4 had asked him if hed do a documentary about having Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, the Daily Star quoted Gardner, as saying.
He agreed to do so to help other sufferers. Then somehow Sheryl has got involved and taken it over without him fully understanding the nature of the programme.
It became something entirely different. He feels hes been painted as some kind of monster, which is just not true, Gardner added.
Gardner said: Paul is a man with a serious alcoholic illness who through that disease has sometimes done things hes both admitted to in his book and apologised for. And hes done nothing except try to get well.
I wonder if they would have done this to him if it was cancer he was suffering from. It was a stitch-up. (ANI)
- Gascoigne's ex-wife gets undisclosed libel damages from UK paper - Dec 18, 2010
- Gazza has no hopes left; friend predicts death within a year - Jun 07, 2009
- 'I've already died twice,' says Gazza - Mar 11, 2011
- Gazza rubbishes ex-wife's '10 times a day' sex claims - Oct 12, 2009
- HobNob munching Gazza says cheating death in crash beat booze addiction - Aug 21, 2010
- Gascoigne slept with hookers, claims ex-wife - Oct 10, 2009
- Facing jail time for drunk driving, Gazza now wants to be an actor - Nov 10, 2010
- Gazza's drink-driving charge dropped - Feb 11, 2011
- No end to 'glazed and legless' Gazza's drinking woes - Nov 05, 2010
- Gazza's eight-week jail sentence suspended by Newcastle court - Dec 10, 2010
- Gazza back to his boozing ways - Jun 04, 2009
- Gazza ticked off after street kick about with nephew - Aug 24, 2010
- Gazza is off alcohol, keen to unite with family - Feb 21, 2009
- Gazza wants to change his name to 'Gassa' - Aug 29, 2012
- Gascoigne back in rehab following cocaine arrest - Oct 25, 2010
Tags: apologised, bellies, cancer, daily star, football legend, formal complaint, gazza, haze, london jan, monster, obsessive compulsive disorder, ofcom, paul gascoigne, producers, rational decision, troubled stars, tv documentary, watchdog