Gazza urges stepson not to repeat his mistakesApril 20th, 2009 - 1:31 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr 20 (ANI): Retired English footballer Paul Gascoigne is heartbroken over his stepson’s cocaine and booze-bingeing, and has urged him to learn from his mistakes.
Gazza, 41, who has now been sober for five months, was upset when he learned that his stepson Mason Gascoigne, 19, an estate agent, has picked up the same addictions as he did.
“Paul just hopes that Mason can turn his life around like he’s done,” the Daily Star quoted a friend of Gazza’s as saying.
“No-one can blame Paul for Mason’s problems.
“He is not his son. Though he has been a very generous stepdad to Mason and Bianca for many years he has had little actual involvement in their upbringing.
“All Paul can do right now is suggest that Mason learns from his mistakes and from the battle he’s had to turn his own life around,” the friend added. (ANI)
- Stepson is a mirror image of cocaine and booze binging Gazza, says girlfriend - Apr 19, 2009
- 'I've already died twice,' says Gazza - Mar 11, 2011
- 'Sick man' Gazza wants 12-week rehab programme to work - Jul 22, 2010
- No end to 'glazed and legless' Gazza's drinking woes - Nov 05, 2010
- Gazza tells his family that he is determined to drink himself to death - Sep 13, 2008
- HobNob munching Gazza says cheating death in crash beat booze addiction - Aug 21, 2010
- Gazza feels gutted about criminal Moat's death - Jul 12, 2010
- Facing jail time for drunk driving, Gazza now wants to be an actor - Nov 10, 2010
- Ex-wife says Gazza wanted sex 10 times a day - Oct 11, 2009
- Gazza accused of 'groping shopgirl' - Jul 20, 2010
- Gazza wants to reunite with his ex-wife - Mar 25, 2009
- Gazza ticked off after street kick about with nephew - Aug 24, 2010
- Maradona offers to help Gazza kick booze habit - Mar 21, 2009
- Gazza checks into rehab again - Jul 15, 2010
- Gazza determined to beat his drink, drugs demons - Jan 24, 2009