Gazza made 3 a.m. calls to Brit TV chat hostMarch 24th, 2009 - 3:12 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar.24 (ANI): Troubled former England football star Paul Gascoigne has revealed how he turned to TV chat show host Richard Madeley to see if I was making sense.
Gazza, who is recovering after being sectioned under the Mental Health Act, confessed he used to ring Richard at 3 a.m. and send him texts because he felt so lonely inside, Sky News reports.
The ex-England star turned to Richard, 52, who he had met several times, because he knew he would listen.
Gazza, 41, reveals the friendship on Richard and Judys show on digital channel Watch tonight. (ANI)
- No end to 'glazed and legless' Gazza's drinking woes - Nov 05, 2010
- Gazza looks like 'Elephant Man' after car smash - Jun 17, 2010
- Dominic Cork signs up for 'Dancing on Ice' - Dec 17, 2010
- I'm A Celeb reality show bosses kick Gazza out, replace him with ex-wife - Oct 24, 2009
- Live wire Rooney could turn out like Gazza: Lampard - Jun 02, 2010
- Gascoigne slept with hookers, claims ex-wife - Oct 10, 2009
- Gazza feels gutted about criminal Moat's death - Jul 12, 2010
- Gazza hoped to bed Anne Robinson after seeing her at gym - Jul 23, 2009
- Gascoigne regrets turning down Fergie's Man U offer earlier in his career - Mar 09, 2011
- 'I've already died twice,' says Gazza - Mar 11, 2011
- Gazza ticked off after street kick about with nephew - Aug 24, 2010
- Thief buys car with Gazza's credit card - May 09, 2009
- Gazza pays heartfelt tribute to ex-manager Bobby Robson - Aug 15, 2009
- Gazza vows he'll never marry again - May 17, 2009
- Manager Hoddle was right to axe me from France 98: Gazza - Aug 23, 2010