Gazza goes bike riding, enjoys kickabout with nephews to prove he’s fitJune 8th, 2009 - 6:26 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jun 8 (ANI): Retired English footballer Paul Gascoigne a.k.a. Gazza, went for a bike ride and enjoyed a kickabout in the park with his nephews to prove his fitness, after he was told that he would be dead in a year if he continued drinking.
Gazza, 42, was on June 3 spotted in such a drunken state that he could hardly get on a train to Newcastle, and he had to be helped off the train by pal Jimmy “Five Bellies” Gardner, 46.
Seeing him fall off the wagon again, a close pal of his, health spa boss Stephen Purdew, 50, predicted that he would be dead within the year, as he was in a worse state than George Best was a few months before he died.
“Just as I said about George, if Paul doesn’t get his act together now he will be dead within the year,” the Daily Star quoted him as saying.
“He will have a complete organ breakdown. It’s a tragedy because Paul is a nice man but that is what will happen,” he said.
But on June 7, Gazza was spotted carrying a bottle of water and enjoying a day with his family in his hometown of Gateshead, where he chatted to the neighbours as rode through town on his bike.
“You would never guess that this was the same Paul that was dragged off that train earlier in the week,” a neighbour said.
“He looked a mess but yesterday he looked on top of the world again.
“I just hope he stays off the booze for good, he is such a legend round here and we all want to see him back to his old self again,” the neighbour added. (ANI)
- No end to 'glazed and legless' Gazza's drinking woes - Nov 05, 2010
- Gazza ticked off after street kick about with nephew - Aug 24, 2010
- Gazza has no hopes left; friend predicts death within a year - Jun 07, 2009
- Gazza wants to change his name to 'Gassa' - Aug 29, 2012
- Tipsy Gazza claims he use to provide criminal Moat with lager and chicken - Jul 10, 2010
- Now, Gazza abandoned by best pal Gardner - Jun 06, 2009
- 'Sick man' Gazza wants 12-week rehab programme to work - Jul 22, 2010
- Gazza back to his boozing ways - Jun 04, 2009
- Gazza checks into rehab again - Jul 15, 2010
- 'I've already died twice,' says Gazza - Mar 11, 2011
- William spotted riding home on superbike after enjoying kickabout with mates! - Apr 28, 2011
- 'I'm an alcoholic, I'm ill, but I'm not a bad person,' says Gazza - Aug 23, 2010
- Gazza accused of 'groping shopgirl' - Jul 20, 2010
- Gazza feels gutted about criminal Moat's death - Jul 12, 2010
- Gascoigne back in rehab following cocaine arrest - Oct 25, 2010
Tags: bellies, bike ride, bike riding, booze, daily star, dead in a year, drunken state, footballer, gateshead, gazza, health spa, hometown, june 3, neighbour, neighbours, nephews, newcastle, nice man, paul gascoigne, top of the world