Gazza fears he may have to ask his family to sell homes he gaveJanuary 11th, 2009 - 4:41 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan 11 (ANI): Troubled football star Paul Gascoigne fears that he may have to ask his family to sell the homes he gave them.
In his heyday generous Gazza, 41, splashed out thousands of pounds on pads for dad John, mum Carol, sister Anna and brother Carl, the Daily Star reports.
But last week the ex-England ace was forced to sell properties he owns in Spain and Bulgaria to avoid being declared bankrupt.
And with his only income coming from books and appearances it is feared he could have to sell more assets.
Pals say the worst case scenario would be that Gazza once worth a reported 14million pounds would have to ask his family to help him out.
The former Spurs star doesnt own the properties Carol, 61, John, 62, Anna, 42, and Carl, 39, live in but he did buy them.
A friend said: No one knows for sure how much money Paul has got. But what I can tell you is that he has spent thousands, hundreds of thousands in the last few months and years living it up.
Hes a generous guy and always buys the drinks when hes out. He even gives kids money in the street. If he doesnt stop its really worrying to think he could have nothing left. For him the worst-case scenario would have to say to his mum and dad that he needs money. Theyd have to sell the homes he bought them to help him out, he added.
Gazza, who has struggled to deal with booze, drugs and mental health problems in recent years, was due to appear at the High Court in London last Thursday for a bankruptcy hearing.
But HM Revenue and Customs dropped the case after his debts, estimated to be in the region of 200,000 pounds, were settled. (ANI)
- No end to 'glazed and legless' Gazza's drinking woes - Nov 05, 2010
- Tormented Gazza wants to leave his family penniless - Sep 26, 2008
- Gazza wants to change his name to 'Gassa' - Aug 29, 2012
- Rescuers feared Gascoigne was dead after car crash - Jun 15, 2010
- Gazza looks like 'Elephant Man' after car smash - Jun 17, 2010
- I'm A Celeb reality show bosses kick Gazza out, replace him with ex-wife - Oct 24, 2009
- Thief buys car with Gazza's credit card - May 09, 2009
- Gazza ticked off after street kick about with nephew - Aug 24, 2010
- Mum collapses in tears after grandson disowns Gazza - Jan 07, 2009
- 'I've already died twice,' says Gazza - Mar 11, 2011
- Homeless Gazza appeals to footie's union to bail him out - Feb 17, 2010
- Gazza in row over bash for blind tot - Sep 04, 2009
- Gazza's 'I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here!' dreams lie in ruins - Sep 24, 2009
- Gazza in new suicide scare - Nov 22, 2008
- Gazza vows he'll never marry again - May 17, 2009
Tags: booze, brother carl, dad john, daily star, debts, football star, generous guy, heyday, hm revenue and customs, hundreds of thousands, last thursday, london jan, mental health problems, mum and dad, pals, paul gascoigne, spurs, star reports, thousands hundreds, worst case scenario