Gazza checks himself into rehab clinic againMay 26th, 2008 - 12:53 pm ICT by admin
London, May 26 (ANI): Alcoholic ex-England footie ace Paul Gascoigne has checked into rehab centre The Priory once again.
Gazza voluntarily re-admitted himself on Saturday afternoon he terrified guests at a hotel in Kensington, West London, by mumbling and spinning around in tight circles.
So much so, that they called in the police.
Doctors at the clinic now want Gazza to stay inside a mental health until he shows improvement.
A Met Police spokesman confirmed the news that the soccer legend had re-admitted himself.
We were called to a West London hotel on Saturday afternoon with concerns about the behaviour of a 40-year-old man,” The Sun quoted the spokesperson, as saying.
Officers drove him to a hospital, where he voluntarily admitted himself, he added.
However, an insider revealed that Gazza is still in denial, and that instead of focussing on himself, he is showering fellow rehab patients with presents.
He is more worried about the other patients and wants to make them happy. Weve told him he needs to focus on getting himself better, but he seems to be in denial, the source said.
Gazza, who has played for the national side, as well as clubs Newcastle, Spurs, Lazio and Rangers, entered The Priory three weeks ago following an apparent suicide bid. (ANI)
- Gazza faces Christmas behind bars after failing to appear before court - Nov 12, 2010
- No end to 'glazed and legless' Gazza's drinking woes - Nov 05, 2010
- Gazza's eight-week jail sentence suspended by Newcastle court - Dec 10, 2010
- Gascoigne regrets turning down Fergie's Man U offer earlier in his career - Mar 09, 2011
- Gazza, Greaves, to undertake stage show - Mar 24, 2011
- Gazza may be jailed for druk driving - Nov 11, 2010
- Gazza in denial about his mental health - May 27, 2008
- Gazza looks like 'Elephant Man' after car smash - Jun 17, 2010
- Rehab clinic asks media to stop "harassing" Gazza - Nov 21, 2010
- Gascoigne back in rehab following cocaine arrest - Oct 25, 2010
- Drunk Gascoigne taken to hospital after trashing Brit hotel with curry, puke and stubs - Oct 27, 2010
- Hollywood star Vinnie Jones offered million dollars to team up with Gazza - Dec 31, 2009
- HobNob munching Gazza says cheating death in crash beat booze addiction - Aug 21, 2010
- Facing jail time for drunk driving, Gazza now wants to be an actor - Nov 10, 2010
- 'Sick man' Gazza wants 12-week rehab programme to work - Jul 22, 2010
Tags: apparent suicide, denial, focussing, footie, hotel in kensington, lazio, london hotel, mental health, paul gascoigne, police spokesman, priory, rehab centre, rehab patients, saturday afternoon, soccer legend, spokesperson, spurs, suicide bid, tight circles, west london