Gazza brands ex-wife Sheryl a wicked vultureFebruary 25th, 2009 - 4:57 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb.25 (ANI): An angry former England football star Paul Gazza Gascoigne branded his former wife Sheryl a wicked vulture last night. He accused her of bleeding him dry and questioned whether she ever loved him. Gazza, 41, claims he was tormented relentlessly by the beautiful ex-model and vowed never again to fall for her charms.
The England legend told how Sheryl, 43, contacted him for the first time in five-and-half-years after he spent seven successful weeks in rehab in 2008. She invited him to stay with her and he became convinced there was a chance to make a fresh start together. But within days, Sheryl and her children left him an emotional wreck.
He said he hit the bottle in despair after she invited a TV crew to film him then pocketed the entire 50, 000 pound program fee.
Gazza said he fled to Portugal to escape from Sheryl but she tracked him down and turned up with another camera crew.
He told The Sun: Shes like a vulture who swoops down to pick me clean. I dont hate her; I pity her. I know now that I have to stay sober and strong now to stop her. She is like a rash that I cant get rid of a boomerang that keeps coming back to smack me in the face. When I met her I was just a naive Geordie lad but Im strong now and I wont let that woman destroy me, he added.
Gazza fought back tears as he told of the painful reunion with his 12-year-old son Regan and Sheryls children from her first marriage Mason, 19, and Bianca, 21.
She probably doesnt even know what love is.
Gazza said rows with Sheryl drove him back to drink last summer, when he was still sectioned under the Mental Health Act. (ANI)
- 'I've already died twice,' says Gazza - Mar 11, 2011
- I'm A Celeb reality show bosses kick Gazza out, replace him with ex-wife - Oct 24, 2009
- Gazzas ex-wife gets immense public support post emotional documentary - Jan 12, 2009
- Gazza rubbishes ex-wife's '10 times a day' sex claims - Oct 12, 2009
- Ex-wife says Gazza wanted sex 10 times a day - Oct 11, 2009
- Gascoigne's ex-wife gets undisclosed libel damages from UK paper - Dec 18, 2010
- Gazza slams ex-wife Sheryl for "using him" - Oct 18, 2009
- Gazza banned from watching TV documentary in which son disowns him - Jan 05, 2009
- Gascoigne slept with hookers, claims ex-wife - Oct 10, 2009
- No end to 'glazed and legless' Gazza's drinking woes - Nov 05, 2010
- Gazza wants to reunite with his ex-wife - Mar 25, 2009
- Amy Winehouse is Gazza's 'ideal woman' - Jul 07, 2010
- Ex-wife says 'she's public enemy No. 1 for revealing Gazza's abuse' - Oct 14, 2009
- Gazza may remarry his ex-wife - Jul 28, 2008
- Mum collapses in tears after grandson disowns Gazza - Jan 07, 2009
Tags: bianca, boomerang, camera crew, charms, despair, emotional wreck, england football, football star, fresh start, gazza, geordie, half years, lad, london feb, mental health act, rash, regan, rehab, tv crew, vulture