Gazza believes ex-wife is aiming to kill himJune 16th, 2009 - 2:39 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 16 (ANI): Ex-England football star Paul Gascoigne claims his ex-wife, Sheryl, is driving him to the brink, with spiralling claims for maintenance cash.
His revelations come after Sheryl allegedly demanded 100,000 pounds when he missed one monthly payment while fighting for his life in rehab.
The England football legend failed to make his usual payment because he was battling booze and cocaine addictions, depression and obsessive compulsive disorder, reports the Daily Star.
The 42-year-old star had been sectioned under the Mental Health Act after trying to kill himself.
While in rehab, his booze-damaged heart had to be restarted by medics three times.
He had recently appeared to be beating his demons after staying sober for five months and getting fit thanks to gym workouts.
But now Sheryl, 43, has got in touch demanding he ups his maintenance payments.
A pal said: “He can’t understand why she needs so much now when her children are grown up and she has no mortgage or car payments to make.
“Maybe she’s frightened he’ll either meet someone new - or snuff it.”
He now plans to consult a lawyer to fight Sheryl’s demands. (ANI)
- 'I've already died twice,' says Gazza - Mar 11, 2011
- I'm A Celeb reality show bosses kick Gazza out, replace him with ex-wife - Oct 24, 2009
- Gazza tells his family that he is determined to drink himself to death - Sep 13, 2008
- No end to 'glazed and legless' Gazza's drinking woes - Nov 05, 2010
- Gascoigne's ex-wife gets undisclosed libel damages from UK paper - Dec 18, 2010
- Maradona offers to help Gazza kick booze habit - Mar 21, 2009
- 'Sick man' Gazza wants 12-week rehab programme to work - Jul 22, 2010
- Gazza's ex-wife accepts five-figure payout from newspaper - May 08, 2010
- Gazza vows he'll never marry again - May 17, 2009
- Gazza looks like 'Elephant Man' after car smash - Jun 17, 2010
- Gascoigne slept with hookers, claims ex-wife - Oct 10, 2009
- HobNob munching Gazza says cheating death in crash beat booze addiction - Aug 21, 2010
- Gazza wants to reunite with his ex-wife - Mar 25, 2009
- Football legend Paul Gascoigne to sue News of the World over phone hacking claims - Jan 16, 2011
- Gazzas mum believes his new love will save his life - Sep 29, 2008
Tags: booze, brink, car payments, cocaine addictions, daily star, demons, england football, five months, football legend, football star, gym workouts, maintenance payments, medics, mental health act, obsessive compulsive disorder, old star, paul gascoigne, revelations, three times, ups