Gazza ‘axed’ from I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here!

June 5th, 2009 - 4:43 pm ICT by ANI  

London, June 5 (ANI): Football legend Paul Gascoigne a.k.a Gazza’s plan to redeem himself in the public eye with his appearance on I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! has reportedly received a setback.

The 42-year-old is said to have been axed from the series after ITV bosses declared he was ‘mentally unfit’.

The news comes following his girlfriend’s revelation that he had called her during a massive booze bender and said: “I’m going to kill myself.”

Gazza signed a big-money deal last month to go on I’m A Celeb but a source has said that bosses got cold feet following Susan Boyle’s meltdown over Britain’s Got Talent.

“Paul Gascoigne was given a psychiatric test to see how he was, but he failed it. It was such a shame considering bosses had been trying to get him on the show for years,” the Sun quoted a source as saying.

“However they realised it was just too much of a risk for him to enter the jungle and be under such intense public scrutiny,” the source added.

ITV chiefs are negotiating with other ex-footballers to take Gazza’s place in the Aussie jungle in November. (ANI)

Related Stories

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in Sports |

Subscribe