Gatorade dumps Tiger WoodsFebruary 27th, 2010 - 12:37 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 27 (ANI): Drinks firm Gatorade has ended its reported 100-million-dollar five-year deal, signed in 2007, with sex cheat golf ace Tiger Woods.
The decision comes a week after the sports star made a public apology for his infidelities, reports The Sun.
Gatorade is the third major sponsor to drop Woods, following on from communications firm AT&T and consultants Accenture.
“We no longer see a role for Tiger in our marketing efforts and have ended our relationship,” a Gatorade spokeswoman said. “We wish him all the best.”
The spokeswoman, however, added that Gatorade’s association with Tiger Woods Foundation will continue.
She gave no reasons for the termination of the contract.
“We have been in discussions with Gatorade, and while we are disappointed they have decided to not continue with Tiger in their marketing plans, we appreciate their continued involvement with Tiger through his foundation,” Woods’ agent, Mark Steinberg said. (ANI)
- AT&T Ends Contract With Tiger Woods - Jan 01, 2010
- Gatorade Cut Ties With Tiger Woods - Feb 27, 2010
- Now GM Motors cancels deal with Tiger Woods - Jan 15, 2010
- Tiger Woods to speak to media Friday (Lead) - Feb 18, 2010
- Lonely Tiger in the woods this birthday Wednesday - Dec 29, 2009
- Gillette won't renew its endorsement deal with Tiger Woods - Dec 24, 2010
- Tiger Woods to make a public statement on Friday - Feb 18, 2010
- Woods leaves PGA in economic limbo - Dec 15, 2009
- Tiger Woods Continues To Remain World's Top Athlete Brand - Feb 06, 2010
- Experts says Tiger Woods apology won't pass muster - Dec 04, 2009
- Tiger Woods, Golf Digest mag end 13-year relationship - Jan 07, 2011
- Accenture ends scandal-hit Tiger Woods sponsorship deal - Dec 14, 2009
- Tiger Woods' transgressions cost his sponsors up to $12b: Research - Dec 29, 2009
- Tag Heuer thinking of cutting Tiger Woods sponsorship deal - Dec 15, 2009
- Tiger Woods to apologize publicly for sexcapades - Feb 18, 2010
Tags: 100 million, accenture, ace, amp, communications firm, drinks, gatorade, infidelities, london feb, mark steinberg, marketing efforts, public apology, relationship, spokeswoman, sports star, sun, tiger, tiger woods foundation