Ganguly’s security guard beaten up by mobJuly 25th, 2010 - 2:54 am ICT by IANS
Kolkata, July 25 (IANS) Former captain of Indian cricket team Sourav Ganguly’s security guard was severely beaten up by some people after he tried to disperse an agitating crowd at Behala on the southern outskirts of this city, police said.
The incident happened Saturday night when Ganguly was returning home in his car, they said.
Ganguly’s car got stuck near Behala crossing on Diamond Harbour Road as a group of people were agitating over an accident in the area.
The former Test player’s personal securityman Bivas Guha got down from the car and tried to disperse the crowd. But the protestors got agitated and beat him black and blue.
Guha has been hospitalised. However, Ganguly was unharmed, the police said.
- BJP workers, police clash at Jantar Mantar (Lead) - Aug 09, 2011
- Congress workers protest outside BJP office - Mar 02, 2011
- Chaos rules as Jats block Haryana roads, rail tracks (Lead) - Mar 07, 2012
- Mumbai-Howrah route traffic resumes after train accident - Oct 23, 2011
- Four arrested for murders in Kolkata - Sep 09, 2012
- Army called as Jat agitators torch police station (Second Lead) - Mar 07, 2012
- KKR has made a mistake: Sourav's brother Snehasish - Jan 10, 2011
- Kolkata beefs up security for Durga Puja - Oct 12, 2010
- Riots Strikes Los Angeles After NBA Game - Jun 18, 2010
- 12 run over by train in Chhattisgarh - Oct 23, 2011
- Ganguly fans left with mixed feelings - May 05, 2012
- Bhopal survivors beaten back from rail blockade - Dec 03, 2011
- Thousands defy government, march for Telangana - Mar 10, 2011
- Two held for molesting minors in Bengal - Sep 02, 2012
- KKR fans face police batons outside Eden - May 29, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,